DH wont settle on ANY boys names!

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

DH and I had chosen 2 boys names we liked when we were TTC. Now we're pregnant (but too early to know the gender) and DH has suddenly decided he no longer likes either male name. So I've listed every single male name I can think of that I like and he hates them all. More annoyingly, he can't decide on ANY male name that he likes.

The closest we've got is Alexander. I really love the name and keep dreaming of a baby boy called Alexander. DH told me he doesnt love it but could maybe agree on Alex. I said well we could call the baby (if its a boy) Alexander and call him Alex for short. He turned that idea down because he hates nicknames. It's either Alex or something else. It's annoyingly, I really love the name Alexander. I know we've still got ages to come up with names, but my DH is stubborn and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up holding our son and DH still hasnt agreed to any name.

I just don't know what to do anymore. If you could suggest some boys names that could help. DH wants something original and different so finding a name he likes has been very difficult.

-AussieBub

plain and simple tell him to pick some names or you will... at the end of the day its your say you carry and birth the baby letting him have a say is just common curtsey not a right if he is being ridiculous and refuse to pick a name then remove the option of him pick one

im really lucky that my partner like almost all the names i do (hes pretty relaxed about naming) and my DS name that i liked forever happened to be a combination of both our brothers names (Jack and Kev = Jake) i made the rule that he could pick the 2nd name and would have his surname as well (were not married :cry:) but if he had been awkward id of told him where to go

Oliver
Mitchell
Simon
Nelson
Clay
Noah
Felix
Dwight
Preston
Nolan
Spencer
Dallas
Calvin
Blaine

Pulling the whole I carried, I gave birth, doesnt work on him. He just gets incredibly angry. Im hoping that once bubba is born (if its a boy and we havent settled on a name) he'll just let me have my way after everything i'd gone through. Thanks for the name suggestions.

-AussieBub

plain and simple tell him to pick some names or you will... at the end of the day its your say you carry and birth the baby letting him have a say is just common curtsey not a right if he is being ridiculous and refuse to pick a name then remove the option of him pick one

im really lucky that my partner like almost all the names i do (hes pretty relaxed about naming) and my DS name that i liked forever happened to be a combination of both our brothers names (Jack and Kev = Jake) i made the rule that he could pick the 2nd name and would have his surname as well (were not married :cry:) but if he had been awkward id of told him where to go

:shock: wow!

Give it time, you have months to think of a name and he'll most likely come up with some suggestions before LO gets here, or go back to the name you had originally

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->