DH & You Age Gaps

Rscha

Reaction score
Quite often people tell me I need to "get on it" if I want to have more than one kid because I'm 31, while DH turned 27 yesterday and some California people tell him he's way too young while his folks and friends in the Midwest were asking about kids when we got engaged a few years back.... Umm, well that's confusing. We do what we want!

What are the age gaps between you and DH?

How does that affect your planning? Where you're from affect your planning?

DH is turning 32 in a few months, I'm 27 - so we have a 4.5 yr age gap. Where we are from, most had kids by 20 or shortly after. Most of our close friends waited till late 20s or early 30s for children and we are more right in line with them than those we went to school with. What we did and didn't want for our kids and ourselves played more of a roll than anything else when deciding what was right for us.

there are 9 months between myself and DH, he is 26, and I'll be 26 in a week. Honestly I think I have always been more "ready" for kids than he, but he agreed, and we've always talked everything out, he just gets incredibly apprehensive at the thought of more, he was practically pissing himself when I was trying to talk him into having our 2nd, but he's glad we did

DH and I are 6 years apart. He is 31 and I am 25 (I was 18 when we met and it was quite the scandal). It affects us because he always wanted to have children before he was 30 and I wasn't quite ready for that. But we are now....finally!

There is a month and 4 days between us..DH is the (slightly) older one. We are in the Midwest and lot of people from my hometown married young. We were engaged at 19 and people started asking us then when we were having kids. We waited 5 1/2 years but most of our friends from HS already had kids by then.

My husband is a year and 3 days older than me. So that doesn't affect anything really. I am from Phoenix and he is from here (Chicago). I don't think that affects anything either.

I'm 33 and DH is 36, we have a 3.5 year gap. This doesn't really affect us. Most of our friends have children or are pregnant now and I'm itching to get started but we've set a date for next year which we're sticking to.

There is a 7.5 year gap. I am 31 and he is 37. We were married when I was 30 and will be waiting for a few years before TTC.

27 is not too young to have a baby Lol, tell people to mind their own business.

I am 28 and my husband will be 37 next month.

we are married and have 3 kids, but would like 1 more.

I'm 28 and my husband is 27, I feel like if he was a couple years older he would have wanted to TTC a couple years ago when I wanted to. All his friends are still single, and will probably be shocked when I get pregnant. People around here seem to wait til 30ish to get married and start a family.

I'm 27, husband is 32. We had our son a month before I turned 26. Most of our friends have waited until 30s for babies. I'm definitely the youngest mom I know. We all did grad school so that postponed things for us all (I just happened to finish early).

My friends my age are no where near settling down. It was shocking when I got married at 23. Husband was 28, which was normal age for around here, but this is his second marriage. His first was early and very short-lived. Unfortunately any of our friends that did get married young are now divorcing... None had kids though thankfully.

Dh will be 30 in two weeks and I am 28. It hasn't been a problem with ttc readiness. But we have been kinda late on the kid train, most of our friends have kids in elementary and middle school.

There's 11 months between us (he's my toy boy :haha:). We had our first at 25 and 24 (2 weeks after I turned 25 and about 6 weeks after DH turned 24). A lot of people I knew from school were already married and had their 1st so it wasn't unusual. DH was and still is the only one from his friendship group at school with children and everyone found it crazy (but not in a negative way, they just didn't seem to have considered that children were even a possibility before 30 :haha:)

We don't depend on others opinions so it doesn't affect our choices but I was definitely influenced by my environment that I had time to wait and I was allowed to feel unprepared and too young before... but all of a sudden pressure!

There is only 31 days between us (he is the older one, as I frequently remind him!) but he was actually a year above me at school.

None of our friends are married, and none have planned to have babies. We are 25.

That being said, a lot of people I was at school with are getting married now so I guess we are average.

We have been together 4 years, we aren't engaged and aren't ttc right now, but when my investigations are over we are probably going to bring ttc forward significantly.

I'm 25 and OH is 30. Nobody has commented on our ages though we do keep being told we need to have another.

DH is 27 I'm 25 will be ttc next year which seems about right for us ..more about our situation than ages we r married about to buy a house, both stable ...yea

hi there! I just turned 28 and DH just turned 42 - 14 years between us. We have 4 kids and WTT for the next one :) my eldest is turning 7 in 5 days, I was 21 and a month when she was born :)

We have a 6 year age gap between us. I'm 31 and he's 37. I was 25 when we got married, 27 when we had our first and 29 when we had our second. He's worried about trying for a third because he feels like he's going to be too old (which he's not). Hoping it happens sooner than later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->