DHA

mrs.green2015

Reaction score
Is anyone taking DHA in addition to their prenatal? Or are you taking anything else. If so what, and what does it do?

I'm taking the Women's One a Day with the DHA supplement. I might switch over to a more natural prenatal when it runs out, but not really sure I want to switch things up. If I do, I'll still want something that has DHA.

I've heard great things about DHA and I was taking it before I got pregnant but the last time I needed prenatals I got them at kaiser because they were less than half the cost and they didn't have any DHA so I went without. Now that I am I'm thinking about picking up some DHA.

I am taking pregnaVit prenatal which is just your basic prenatal. Plus omega 3 from salmon oil which contains both dha and epa. I am also taking extra iron which has a little extra folic acid, as prescribed by my doc as my iron levels came back slightly low when I did my bloods.

I'm taking the GNC Women's PreNatal with DHA. Other than the size of the pill (lordy, I know I have issues but wow haha), I like them. My nails look amazing and my face has cleared up LOL. I always thought DHA was very good, so I figured it didn't hurt.

I'm taking best nest wellness prenatal and dha! Bioavailable supplements for the body and natural sources! Can't beat that!

I have a really hard time finding prenatals because my diet must provide enough iron that when I take anything with extra iron I get soooooo constipated (sorry!! TMI) and a generally unwell feeling. So this pregnancy I have been taking the gummy-vites prenatals because they do not supply extra iron, but no DHA either.:shrug:

I actually didn't take any prenatals the whole time I was pregnant with DS (because of the iron problem) and he is a happy, super healthy, very smart 5 year old now!

Yeah honestly DHA is important to me mostly because I think it has been linked to lower cases of autism. SO is an Aspie, branch of the autism spectrum, so any extra edge there.

I take Concept DHA, it's a prescription prenatal, very easy on the stomach. It costs less than the prenatal I was taking (only $15 a month compared to $30).

I'm taking MorDHA plus Garden of Life Raw Prenatal and a calcium supplement on top of that. It took a while to figure out which ones to put together as nearly all of the DHA and Calcium supplements have additional vitamins attached.

Last pregnancy I took the pregnacare vitamins with the omega 3 capsules, this time hubby bought me the ones without so I've just been taking those.now I'm wondering if I should switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->