Diabetes in Pregnancy :(

suzie86

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.
I just got a call from the clinic stating that the results from the glucose test came back that I have Diabetes. Not only I am scared but it made me think. When I went to my appointment last Friday, I went with my sister-in-law to grab lunch before going to the appointment. I drank A glass of pop. Do you think that this would raise my blood sugar? I feel fine. I have no symptoms. Someone please answer.

I'm not too sure on the question about drinking the pop, although, I would think that would raise your blood sugar. I'm going in for my 3 hour glucose test next week and was told to watch my sugar intake so the pop could be part of it. Did you do just the 1 hour or the 3?

I've also been reading up on gestational diabetes since I may be in the same situation, and it says that usually there aren't any symptoms.

Good afternoon everyone.
I just got a call from the clinic stating that the results from the glucose test came back that I have Diabetes. Not only I am scared but it made me think. When I went to my appointment last Friday, I went with my sister-in-law to grab lunch before going to the appointment. I drank A glass of pop. Do you think that this would raise my blood sugar? I feel fine. I have no symptoms. Someone please answer.

The pop and the sandwich would both increase your sugars.

How long was it between when you last ate/drank and started the test? The test has about 50 grams of sugar in it...a can of pop can have upwards of 35-45 grams. If it was within a short period of time - it would be like having twice the amount of sugar required for the test. Plus the sandwich would increase your sugars as well.

If it was less than one hour between eating and starting the test then I would recommend having a second test.

Hi there I have diabetes too, I found out in march. Im due the 30th so just a little longer for me. But my doctor told me it doesnt matter what it is that you eat or drink its how your body breaks it down. Although some places are different, like some docs want you to eat before you test and others you have to fast for so many hours. So I guess it depends on what their instructions were for you. But in the end it has to do with how your body is breaking down what you take in. Good luck! It sucks at first but once you get the hang of it, its not so bad except cutting alot of sugars out or cutting down. Its all about portions too but it can be controlled with diet if you follow your nutritionists guidelines. Again good luck :)

At the clinic I work for/see doctor at, the one hour is not fasting but if you fail you have to take the 3 hour fasting. I take my 3 hour test tomorrow as I failed one hour. Good luck you if you have to retake it.

I wouldn't have eaten anything or drank soda before going, but they also take your blood sugar first to get a base line so I don't think eating or drinking should matter.

I've had GD with both pregnancies, there's times I check it and it's over and there are no symptoms whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->