Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia & Obstratic Cholestatis

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Apologies for the spelling mistakes but I had all 3 of those conditions in my pregnancy!! :(
My little girl is 16months now but I am still pretty traumatised by the whole thing.
Pregnancy was perfect overall... but then at 22 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.. This was kept under control by excercise and making changes to diet... very annnoying tho as i had to cut out ALL sugar and eat brown bread/pasta etc...

Then in week 37 at my weekly diabetes test they noticed that my BP was high and bile levels was up...Basically I was hospitalised as soon as I finished my last day at work & stayed there for a week until I was induced at 38 weeks...

The labour was 7 hours long, I had to have epidural and had 2nd degree tears.

At my 8week checkup I was told that I have 90% chance of getting the same problems again in future pregnancies.

Because of this I am in no hurry to have any more babies and this time round I will be even more scared as I know what to expect & I would be so worried about my little girl if I get hospitalised again!! I met women in hosp that had been there since week 20 of their pregnancy due to pre eclampsia!!!

My husband does not really understand how I feel & often gets annoyed with me as I do not want another baby just yet.

Anyone else been feeling like this?

Ive not had my baby yet, but i just made a thread on all these things as im being tested for them, i feel so down and fed up and cant imagine having another baby anytime soon after all this stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->