diaper bag...what do you think?

I'm in love with this style:
https://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00070000000000000000&p=JJB01327

DH is making me get it in boring old black though :( booo!
(machine washable though, all metal zipper pulls/hardware, antimicrobial lining etc.. I adore this brand!)
I don't mind spending good money, I expect it to last and be used a LOT... also has a great resale value.

OOO I like the JuJube ones as well. I'm a total bag freak though. I'm sure my DH will just tell me to use one of my "huge purses" (as he describes them) as a diaper bag...but who wants to do that! :haha:

The 2 points I used to convince mine that a JuJuBe bag was essential was
1) Machine washable while still having a wipe-clean liner (I defy you to find a standard, cheap diaper bag that is machine washable or a regular purse that is both machine washable and has a plasticy liner so stains don't soak in etc...)
2) Anti-microbial lining to prevent smells and germs.. again.. it is NOT a common feature and keeping a diaper bag from getting stinky is a huge plus! :)

I'm not a total bag freak, but I do like quality stuff. I tend to buy a quality purse at an outlet store for a discount they use it daily for a few years so I refuse to feel guilty about it :)
If I had more money, I might be more of a bag collector :haha:

LOVE that one, runnrgirl! So cute. And a great deal, too!

I really don't think it matters that it's feminine, because you'll be carrying it and not baby? Although I know I couldn't get DH to carry a diaper bag covered in butterflies. But he has issues.

I'll be honest...we already have 2 diaper bags and chances are I'll propbably be getting more. DH has the skip hop dash like bonjo, but in charcoal.

I have this one: https://www.westcoastkids.ca/Dwell---Diaper-Tote Cuteness! But DH won't carry that, as apparently brown dots is a threat to his masculinity. Awesome.

I'll probably get another one for different purposes and different outfits...I'm practical that way.

Good points about the diaper bag, Lisa - I had been tempted to repurpose some of my own bags temporarily and will think better of it now...

as long as you don't carry liquids or dirty diapers you can use a purse just fine

If you used a purse with one of those Kangaroo Keeper things you might be able to fit some bottles in there too!

that is a nice bag. Pottery barn kids is fab.

I bought one recently a petunia pickle bottom

https://www.crocodilebaby.com/p-1439-petunia-pickle-bottom-boxy-backpak-glazed.aspx

Its pretty dear too and first time around I got a crappy cheap one and it wasn;t that great. This one is totally waterproof, it has lots of room for toddler items plus new baby items and I plan on using it every day.

Im jealous of the petunia pickle bottom bags. Thats the one I really had my heart set on. Just couldn't bite the bullet on the price. I ended up going with this one.. Free shipping and on sale? Hey, cant go wrong. and its cute and as Mislaww mentioned, my husband wont be embarrassed to hold it. It already got his stamp of approval, so I'm good. :)

Attachments

• db.jpg
    db.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5
my DH has issues too Misslaw. He is extremely particular about what he'll carry...it has to be the right size and shape...not too heavy but not too light etc. and of course nothing overly feminine.

I found him an Ohio State University messenger type diaper bag specifically for men so he was pleased. It's funny, some baby things he could care less about but then certain items he's been very particular. :dohh:

I like it, but the only thing I don't like about those bags is a lot of times, they don't have enough space for everything. My best friend would send a bag like that with her daughter when I watched her, it would be so stuffed full I could barely open it and close it, and she normally ended up sending me with another bag or a handful of stuff as well.

But I think it's cute =] Just make sure you check the amount of space in it and be sure it will fit your needs :thumbup:

That's a nice one too, Runnr! I like the quality of the Skiphop bags. Bonjo - hilarious that you found your DH an Ohio State one! Now YOU have an excuse not to carry the diaper bag (not that there's anything wrong with Ohio State-not that I would know!).

As for the size of bags...personally I tend to fill up whatever space I have. If I get myself too big a bag, chances are I'll fill it up and give myself a back injury!

oh yes, you can always find a reason to put something else in a bag that has room, lol... when your bag is smaller, you find out that not everything is an 'essential' item.

Its tough when it really is necessary, but if you have a bag thats big enough for all-day trips, its going to be too big for quick trips and will be too small for overnight stays etc.
So its really about having the right sized bag for the job. I figure if I need an overnight bag, I'll just have a 2nd tote bag I fill with the extras or something.

I got this bag (polka dot oioi bag) at the Earls Court babyshow for £40 so u can get them in the UK. Cannot remember which company though :(

xxxx

This is my yummy mummy bag

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
oh yes, you can always find a reason to put something else in a bag that has room, lol... when your bag is smaller, you find out that not everything is an 'essential' item.

Its tough when it really is necessary, but if you have a bag thats big enough for all-day trips, its going to be too big for quick trips and will be too small for overnight stays etc.
So its really about having the right sized bag for the job. I figure if I need an overnight bag, I'll just have a 2nd tote bag I fill with the extras or something.

Yes. I think it's really about using the excuse to have several different bags of different sizes. Because the bags are all so CUTE!

You can probably imagine how many other bags and pairs of shoes I have.

Yes. I think it's really about using the excuse to have several different bags of different sizes. Because the bags are all so CUTE!

Misslaw - we are soo on the same page! Don't even get me started on shoes. I'm so ready to get back into all my cute heels and I've noticed my feet seem to have gone up a size so I'm thinking I'll need a whole lot of new shoes :happydance: I'm having a girl too so I'm in BIG trouble.

wow those nappy/diaper bags are so cool. look like a proper bag lol

Misslaw - we are soo on the same page! Don't even get me started on shoes. I'm so ready to get back into all my cute heels and I've noticed my feet seem to have gone up a size so I'm thinking I'll need a whole lot of new shoes :happydance: I'm having a girl too so I'm in BIG trouble.

Ha ha! I'll be devastated if my feet get bigger and I have to say good bye to my shoes! But I like your thinking: maybe it's an opportunity for more shoes.

Good luck with the girl thing - I'm team yellow, which is a good thing because otherwise I would have spent all my diaper bag money on adorable outfits!

I find the traditional style bags don't really hold as much as you would like and I wanted a bag that we could put lots in that would fit with our lifestyle and that my husband wouldn't mind carrying so we are getting this one..

https://www.sears.ca/product/baby-sherpa-diaper-backpack-camo/632-000869966-06-001

A little pricy but I feel that it is Worth it considering it even has a cooler pocket and stuff! It's the only thing we have left to get for Gabe :)

oooo def!! i love the polka dot one best!!!! go for it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->