Diastasis Recti

haze

Mum + Pink Bump
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place? I have separated stomach muscles, about 3 fingers wide. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks (seriously the closest I could get one!) and I was just wondering what the dr is likely to say? I had my baby girl 14 months ago and I've lost around 6 stone since having her but I still look 6 months pregnant. It's quite upsetting when you've worked really hard to lose loads of weight and it doesn't make a difference. I saw a picture taken the other night of me standing next to my 20 week pregnant friend and I look more pregnant than she does :'( I've had issues with my weight and appearance before and this is really eating at me :(
For the past few months I've been doing some exercises that I found on youtube and the NHS website that are meant to help separated muscles but it's not helped even a little bit.
Has anyone had this fixed or any advice anyone could give me about what to say to the dr?

Hi haze
I can't help you that much but I also have the same but mine is only one finger. I spoke to my gp about it before I got pg and she said it was nothing to worry about. I think it is pretty easy to fix with surgery if bad enough as I saw it on Embarassing Bodies. I hope the dr can put your mind at ease especially if it is causing you so much concern and upset.
Keep smiling and keep us posted...can see this being me at some point!
C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->