'dibs'

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
I think saving things for each other from other websites is cool, but 'dibs'ing is very confusing...how long can something be 'dibs'ed for? I wrote a little while ago (on the swap/sell thread) about 'dibs'ing large bbss, but has my 'dibs' lapsed now?

I'm just confused about it all...It is ok to offer to friends first before letting someone else buy, but otherwise, shouldn't it be first come first served? :shrug:

would be interesting to find out so i'll keep an eye on this post, I seem to miss out on alot because they are already dibbed, I also seem to miss out on alot because I'll ask a question about the nappy (which I always thought would show I was interested) for others to come along after and swip it from under my noses lol, but I learnt my lesson with that one after it happened 3 times in 1 week!

Have to say, I'm not a fan of this dibs business, either you're putting something up for sale or not and if you are surely it's first come first served? People don't seem to remember who has dibs on things or not.

There was one instance a couple of weeks ago where I bought a bee cushie. When it went up, I immediately said I'd like it only for someone to say that another member had put a dibs on all cushies a few days earlier?! Hmmm I think not! :wacko: I got the bee so I was happy anyway :D

I think it's a totally different thing to give someone who just missed out on a nappy first refusal when you resell but it becomes confusing and unfair after that.

I had such a crappy day the other day I actually cried over missing out on a nappy, how sad is that lol damn pregnancy hormones!

I had such a crappy day the other day I actually cried over missing out on a nappy, how sad is that lol damn pregnancy hormones!

:hugs: I have to remind myself regularly that after all - it is JUST a nappy and there are plenty more 'one-off' beautiful ones out there to be had!!

You are allowed to blame any extreme behaviour on hormones when you're pregnant - it is your perogative!!

yup, since then i have brought 8 lovely nappies that only cost me about £8 more than the 2 nappies i missed out on lol so light at the end of the tunnel!

Aww! :hugs: Sounds like a perfect time to blame the hormones! :hugs:

I struggle to find anything cute I like as it is because it needs to be unisex, so when something pretty comes up and I miss it ...... well the water works just flow lol

I have learnt though, if I miss a cute nappy, I just go upstairs and make my own instead lol

Well if you feel like making me a giraffe nappy hon I'd be delighted with it! :D

hunny if you had said a week ago I would have but I have finished taking orders till after baby is born as still working on a order of 10 nappies I need to get finished and sent out and my poor nappyless baby needs more nappies making too lol

however if you find the fabric and send it too me I'd happily make it up for you :flower: (as long as it was soon lol)

Aww you're lovely!! Imagine stopping making nappies for others just so your own can have some! :haha:

*toddles off looking for giraffe fabric*

i didn't know you made nappies, i don't feel quite so bad about those mutts now :p :haha: I don't mind dibs requests, however when they've been put on my carriers in the past it's took me ages go through the list for people to tell me they're skint, etc so last time i had a carrier that was highly saught after i did a lotto instead. I do try to remember dibs requests and feel bad when i forget.

Buttonnose you will be the first to know if the mutts aren't staying hun xx

I am pretty sure jac was just selling a large bbss

i didn't know you made nappies, i don't feel quite so bad about those mutts now :p :haha: I don't mind dibs requests, however when they've been put on my carriers in the past it's took me ages go through the list for people to tell me they're skint, etc so last time i had a carrier that was highly saught after i did a lotto instead. I do try to remember dibs requests and feel bad when i forget.

Buttonnose you will be the first to know if the mutts aren't staying hun xx

You never felt bad for a second :haha: and i don't blame you because I wouldn't have :rofl:

I'll be keeping a beady eye out for those mutts though! :haha:

Button- I have grass giraffes mutt going up this afternoon, If you want dibs?

I also have some velboa giraffe fabric and snow leopard that I have no use for now if anyone wants to buy either xx

Do you have pics of the giraffe Katy?

What size is it Katy, I'll keep eye out when it goes up if it is a small or 1 size :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->