Diclegis for nausea/vomitting

hopeful_ttc

Reaction score
Has anyone been prescribed diclegis? I was prescribed and going to pharmacy soon to pick it up! I heard it's expensive... but has anyone had any experiences with it? Worth it?

Thanks!

My OB prescribed it to me at my last appointment. I couldn't keep anything down! She had a 100 pill sample so unfortunately, I don't know how much it cost. The first time I took it, I woke up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me. I was very groggy all day and still had nausea but no vomiting. The next day was a bit better and by the third day, when I was able to amp the dosage, I wasn't groggy or nauseous at all. I will say don't think it will cure you from vomiting because I do get sick still some mornings. But it's not the all day sick where you can't keep anything at all down. With it, I'm finally able to function again, so I say it's way worth it.

I took it my first trimester. I'm 40 and having twins so my doctor prescribed it to me early - morning sickness is supposed to be bad in those cases. I took 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening and the doctor told me I could take 2 in the afternoon if needed. Other than feeling a little nauseous once or twice a week, it worked well - I never actually threw up. As far as cost, I can't be much help there as I have insurance so I didn't pay much for mine. My doctor also gave a several samples when she prescribed it, so maybe yours has samples too.

I find Diclegis (Diclectin in Canada) controls my vomitting, but doesn't take the nausea away completely. I am on 6 pills a day (2 at night, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon). If I miss a dose I am a disaster. Without it I would not be able to work or take care of my kids. It's a life saver for me!

Thanks for your input ladies! It was $30 with insurance and a coupon I found on their website! I took it and wow!! My nausea is way better!! Still not 100% but bearable! It is making me very tired, but I'd rather be tired than nauseous! :thumbup:

I find I'm always groggy for about the first week or so after starting to take it, then my body gets used to it :).

Yup your body will get used to it. I'm sure it's just the antihistamine working. I've also had bloody noses because of it. It dries my nose out pretty good, but still better than puking all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->