Did any if you have a very low first beta?

Kimiw

Reaction score
I had my first beta done on Monday after I got a bfp on a first response (negative on digi) and they called me Tuesday to tell me I tested positive but just barley. The nurse would not give me my number and said that they expected a low number because of how early I was (about 11 dpo maybe 10). She said all they cared about was if it doubled in 48-72 hours. I was still testing positive that day and the line was defensively darker, I took a digi and it was a bfp. The following day was the 48 hour mark so I had a second beta done. While I was leaving I asked for my first beta number, it was 7?!?! Omg! That freaked me out. Knowing I would not get my results till the following day drove me mad. But around 9pm my doctor called me (after hours which was way awesome) and told me my number more than doubled in 48 hours. Went from 7 to 16. Any if you ladies start this low?? I guess betas have to start somewhere...:dohh:

Didn't want to read and run, I've never had experience with mine being like thus, but as long as it's doubling that's really all that matters!!! Try to relax, are you continuing betas or testing with hpts? Keep us updated and good luck!!! I'm rooting for you and your little bean!!! ♡

Yeah I'm planning on still testing with hpt to make sure the line is getting darker. I am so nervous to have another miscarriage, this is killing me.

Not that this probably helps but at 20/21 dpo i had my first beta and it was 438 i have a second on monday a week later to see if its rising well and a scan on tuesday, i think mines low i got my bfp at 11dpo really faint on a 10miu test so i guess mine would of been low to start with, i dont think mine quite doubles in 48hours when i calculated it, it said 55 hours doubling time x

Mine was 2 at 7dpo and I was told I wasn't pregnant. I'm now 9 weeks with a perfect baby.

Seems like it's doubling fine and that's the important thing so don't worry.

Thanks ladies, I'm sorry to sound so crazy paranoid. This is my 2nd pregnancy my 1st was over a year ago but it ended in m/c at 6.5 weeks. My betas that time were awesome, but the pregnancy failed. This time I have a very low hcg number. I am 14 dpo today. AF was not actually due until Saturday or Sunday. It's been along 7 years we have tried for baby #1. We want more, but at this point if we could just get 1 I would be content. I'm just worried about everything lol

I totally understand!! We have tried for a couple years now for #2 - and Monday I got a positive test - light but it was there. So Tuesday went in for beta - came back @ 61.. so they want to repeat Friday 10/25 and I hope and pray it's 120 and above. Sending prayers and vibes your way

I just wanted to show my progression through today. My beta at 13 dpo was 16 so based off my hpts I think that number has increased. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 12
That is DEFINITELY a good progression!! I would say yourbeta's are increasing.

I had blood drawn with a chemical last month and it was 5.5 at 11 dpo...they were going to re-test 48 hours later but unfortunately :witch: came for me so I think the fact that your numbers are doubling is a really good sign. That's definitely more important that the actual number. :happydance:

Here's a good link to beta numbers for women that had successful pregnancies - some started at 1!

https://betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->