Did any of you test negative but were pregnant??

loverguts

Reaction score
I need help! Im not TTC, DP and me have been toying with the idea of him having the snip as our family is complete. Ive been on the mini pill for almost 2 years and a few months ago i kept complaining that i felt sick and my periods stopped at the beginning of the year but ive assumed its from being on a pill that has no break, i did a test to be on the safe side and was negative. Thought nothing more, then about a month later kept having a continual twitch in my tummy when i layed down at night, i also brushed this off, but now MY TUMMY KEEPS MOVING!
And i don't mean subtly, i mean REALLY moving, my DP can see it too. I am a slim size 10 and have put weight on but only on my stomach. But its not the size i would expect if i really did have a baby in there. I went to the doctor who did a urine test - negative. I then went to the EPAU at hospital to speak to a midwife who used a doppler on me and could only find a rate of 130 in my tummy which she said must be me, my heart rate is not that fast!! what was it?!....is that not the lower spectrum of what a baby would be?! She basically told me i was being ridiculous..

I went to the doctor again a few days ago, he felt my stomach and said although it is clearly 'swollen' he cant feel anything and laughed when i said i can see my tummy moving about. He has referred me for a scan to check if there is some kind of mass in there making it bigger.

I am really worried that its a baby, or even more worried that its something sinister. I know what it feels like to have a baby move around, if i could only feel it i would think it was maybe extreme gas but its gotten stronger over the past couple of weeks.

I am almost toying with the idea of having a private scan which is £65 in my town but i would look like a mentalist if i went there and there was nothing in my tummy!! But after seeing two doctors and a midwife would they have picked this up by now?
Has anyone had anything like this? My tummy also keeps going hard and making a ball on the right side, like its bigger on that side than the other. I don't know what scares me more, the thought that i could be pregnant or the thought that my body is doing this weird stuff to me :shrug:

Also, if i AM pregnant, i take propanolol and fluoxetine. Could i be harming it?! I am worried that if i am, the reason i am not showing is that ive damaged my baby with these pills! Arghhhh.

It could be a herniated bowel or something quite simple or just gas! I had a herniated bowel during my second pregnancy which went back to normal after birth but since my stomach moves a lot when im bloated lol! Not pleasant but nothing to worry about. When I was 13 weeks with ds2 my stomach moved loads and I was convinced it was him but realistically actually think his movements started later and it was prob just gas at 13 weeks!! GL either way :)

Well have you seen the show I didnt know I was pregnant? Some of those mothers had previous children and still could not tell. The baby could be further back then before. When they pulled out the doppler were you listening as well? Cause I know sometimes my screen reads 130 but when I havent picked up the HB yet. BUT if you heard a HB and seen 130 Id say there would have to be a baby in there

This doesn't help but my aunt got pregnant while on the mini pill and using condoms.
I have also known somebody that didn't know she was pregnant until 10 days before the birth (she did NOT look pregnant!)

totally possible that you are. there are women who keep testing negative. whatever it is, there is something that needs a check up and i think investing 65 quids even just for the sakes of your mental sanity and tranquility is definitely worth it!!!

and more importantly, both the doctor and the midwife have discarded the pregnancy but offered no other explanation. i mean, if it was gas you'd be farting like hell, right? (lol pardon my french!) so whatever it is, it is undiagnosed and it needs to be!

My local scan is a scan place for everything just private (so men scan etc also) so I'd phone and explain you need a general scan rather than specifically a baby scan to resolve your unknown bloating

Thanks for the replies, i would just brush it off as gas but i have a hard time believing that gas could be this strong! Plus im definitely not farting any more than normal :haha:

I do definitely need to find out ASAP what it is though i guess, baby or not, i don't really like having something moving around inside me without knowing what it is! There just seems so many things that are pointing to pregnancy but i suppose they could all be coincidences. Will give the private scan place a call on Monday. Wish i'd done it this morning so i could have an appointment all sorted but oh well. A whole weekend of wondering whats going on, arghhh! :thumbup:

i tested negative until 8 weeks but it sounds like if you're pregnant you'd be a lot further along than that...! have you had any luck getting any further with this?
It's making me very curious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->