Did anyone else gush blood?

Caverhill

Reaction score
Hi,
I thought I was 11 weeks when I found out baby died at 6-8 weeks (this was the estimate they gave). I spotted lightly for a week, then heavier period like bleeding with clots and painful cramps for 3-4 days. It was pretty heavy the last day then cramps went away and i felt great, bleeding mostly stopped.
The next day, after staying home for two weeks, I decided to go in to school for a meeting. I was there all of a half hour when blood started gushing out of me, soaking through my clothes. I got to a washroom and blood and clots and tissue were pouring out of me like a faucet turned on full blast. It was a mess and just so much. It was literally a bloodbath and traumatizing.
Since then its back to like a heavy period for two days, small amount of clots but still painful cramps at night, this has been for two days.
I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check things out but curious if others went through this....

Hi - I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I did have blood gushing out and clots and all kinds of things. I discovered at my twelve week scan that baby died at nearly ten weeks :cry:

I had to have tablets to bring the miscarriage on so I'm not sure if it was more intense because of that, but I had six hours of gushing. After that it was just like a period for two weeks.

Hope you are ok x

Thank you, I am so sorry for you as well.
This experience has been terrifying, no one (doctor's) will tell if it is normal, not normal, will it happen again (I am scared to leave the house) and when it will end.
I ended up in the ER last night with the worst cramps/pain I have ever felt in my life, they did an exam and can't find out why.
It is just never ending :(
Was the tablet method painful?

I'm so sorry caver. Glad to hear you're ok for now. I also used medication to induce after MMC. There was a lot of blood on the tp and in the toilet, but it barely even touched my pads/liners. I was going to say that I was told to get help if I was bleeding like you described, so glad you went in.

For me, I took norco 30 minutes before cytotec. I tried to wait the 6 hours (it says 4-6) to take a second dose of norco. 4 hours later the pain started and by 4.5 hours it was awful. I took a second dose of norco, threw up 30 minutes later, and used a heating pad. I felt OK about an hour later. The bleeding didn't start for me until 11 hours later, so I took a second dose of cytotec but not much more happened after that. I passed the baby 3 days later and the little umbilical cord the morning after that. I bled for about a week and then spotted a week. My scan on Friday showed that my tubes, ovaries, and uterus all look good. 2 weeks+2 days later now, no bleeding or spotting and my hpt is nearly negative. It's easier to heal now that the reminders are gone, but my little gremlin will always be in my heart.

Sorry you're going through this Hun. When I miscarried a couple of years ago, I had blood gushing. Like you, I had lots of blood and cramps one day so thought it was pretty much over. But I went shopping the next day and just felt blood gushing out. I ran to the toilet and literally couldn't leave for ages, it was non stop gushing!

And that was a natural miscarriage, I didn't have tablets or anything. Hugs xx

I am so sorry that happened to you, I still can't wrap my head around it.

Thank you, I am so sorry for you as well.
This experience has been terrifying, no one (doctor's) will tell if it is normal, not normal, will it happen again (I am scared to leave the house) and when it will end.
I ended up in the ER last night with the worst cramps/pain I have ever felt in my life, they did an exam and can't find out why.
It is just never ending :(
Was the tablet method painful?

I am so sorry you are going through this :hugs:

I spoke to the hospital the day it happened as I was really worried with the amount of blood I lost. I felt so weak and faint i was lying on the floor for a while. I was told what happened was normal :shrug:

I am so thankful the gushing only happened in one day. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am understand you not wanting to leave the house :hugs:

I took co-coedemol for the pain. It was amazing. I don't generally take painkillers so this really helped. For me it was more scary than painful as I didn't know when it was going to stop. Once I'd passed the baby I felt like it was over.

Hope you are OK

I'm so sorry for your loss. I gushed a lot of blood and had to call for an ambulance - I had a type of ectopic that could potentially be deadly. He did a "conservative" D&C on me because of the positioning of my pregnancy. I bled heavily and had lots of tissue coming out for about a week. It was beyond horrible, and the emotional pain is still crippling at times.

It does get better once your body starts to heal. I bled for about 6 weeks after the D&C. I'm glad you stayed home and took care of yourself. People that haven't gone through this don't understand this kind of sadness. And you pray they never do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->