Did anyone get an ultrasound during their third tri??

ColorMeFamous

Mommy to 2 and an angel 💛
Reaction score
If so, for what?? I really want one but it looks like I may not get one :/

Measuring ahead on fundal height...

Don't feel bad if u don't get one... I couldn't reli tell what anything was coz he was so big now lol... More like a bunch of round things I had no idea what I was looking at lol

I got one because I was measuring behind.. Which then turned into the tech thinking she saw a cyst on the adrenal gland or kidney so we had to see a high risk dr and get another ultrasound to make sure she was ok. He thinks it is fine but we wont know for sure hundred percent until she has an ultrasound when she is born. I wish we never had one because now my last weeks of pregnancy have that slight worry instead of being totally happy like I was before.

I've been having them every app for the last 2 and will continue to have them since I have extra waters. Its so hard to lay here like that tbh.

They will also do them to make sure baby is head down

I've had 3 so far in 3rd tri and am now 35.5 weeks. 2 of those were done by my maternal fetal medicine dr because I'm high risk and the other was done because baby failed an nst and then we had to do lots of other tests to make sure all was good.

i had a scan @ 36 weeks to be sure baby was head down!

Where I'm from a 32 week ultrasound is pretty standard and part of every prenatal care. They check baby's size, position etc...

My OB always gets his patients to do one, to check baby's position around 36 weeks.
Last pregnancy I had a few early in 3rd tri for cervix length issues and I've had friends who got them done for measuring small and to make sure placenta previa that was present on the 20-week scan had gone away.

I had one this past week at 32 weeks. They didn't tell me the exact reason other than I will have them weekly now along with NST's due to blood pressure problems with my DS 9 years ago. But my blood pressure has been great this whole pregnancy. So I'm confused. My sis, who works in a pregnancy center, said they are probably doing the ultrasounds due to failing my 1 hr glucose test but I passed my 3 hour. Wasn't able to see any of his face features as he's head down and way down in my pubic bone. She couldn't get him to turn for anything and he was facing my back. Like he's ready to see the world! LOL!

Ill be getting one at 36 weeks. It's standard at my Ob bevause they like to see where baby is at growth wise.

^wss. I have one on Fri and ill be 36+4. They'll check her position, size, guess the weight and check in the amt of fluid remaining. Although my MW did say it was optional and I didn't have to have one if I didn't want to. But there's no way I'm turning down another chance to see her. :)

Last time I had one at 28 weeks to check for genetic growth problems. This time I don't as they did a much more detailed scan at 20 weeks x

I had one at 30 weeks as I was measuring 3weeks behind and I have one coming up at 35 weeks, just a growth scan because in small.

I dont see the point tho baby was 4lbs at 30 weeks and I've already had one 8lb DD. I think they jut have to because of my bmi Xx

I got one because I was measuring behind.. Which then turned into the tech thinking she saw a cyst on the adrenal gland or kidney so we had to see a high risk dr and get another ultrasound to make sure she was ok. He thinks it is fine but we wont know for sure hundred percent until she has an ultrasound when she is born. I wish we never had one because now my last weeks of pregnancy have that slight worry instead of being totally happy like I was before.

I know how you feel, my bubs only has one kidney so I have to have more scans to check function of the remaining one xx

I had one at 28 and 32 weeks. They were for checking growth as dd1 was small due to pre-e but at that point dd2 was on the 50th centile so no issues for the docs.

By the 32 week one she was head down so couldn't see much - wasn't sure what was on the screen for most of it!

I am in the UK and you only get them at 12 and 20 weeks if everything is going smoothly. I had extra ones throughout my pregnancy with DS1 due to pre-eclampsia (checking growth, waters, placenta quality, and ect.) and also due to breach positioning and I would have much rather had a low risk pregnancy and less scans. I had an extra one again this time at 36 weeks to check for size and positioning partly due to attempting a VBAC and wanting more information before finalising that plan and also up until just before the scan he was breach. Between scans from a MMC and high-risk pregnancies I personally find the whole scan experience more stressful than pleasant though.

I have no idea how it works in America though. Is it more to do with what your insurance covers and what your doctor prefers to do?

I'm with omiomen, I have scans every 4 weeks after previous iugr and low fluid problems. I find them stressful and would much rather be low risk with just the 12 and 20 week scans!! x

I have one on Wednesday when I'll be just over 34 weeks. I'm consultant led due to operation at 12 weeks pg. Looking forward to another wee peak at bubs!

I've been having them every 2 weeks due to having GD, they need to check babies movements & growth. Its nice to see her so much as its reassures me that everything is ok.

Last week at the hospital, I was chatting to one of the ladies waiting to be scanned and she said she was there as she thought the babies moving pattern had changed and that she was feeling weak so her midwife booked her in for a scan... maybe you could try that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->