Did anyone have a bump that got smaller before growing again?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
My baby bump is getting a little bit smaller. I was actually seen a few days ago in L&D due to another issue. They did an ultrasound, and so I have seen my baby and know she is growing fine.
But it's hard not to be concerned about my bump getting smaller. I have also lost a little bit of weight. I have been exercising regularly and eating very healthy. So, if the weight loss is just from me, I'm okay with that. It's just that I like for sure signs the baby is growing.
I do feel her stronger, which is always a good sign of growth. But I'm just wondering if it is normal sometimes for a bump to get smaller from one week to the next.

I expect she's just changed position. When she's got her back against your stomach your bump will look bigger and rounder and when her back is against your spine your bump will sink in as there will be more room. If they've said she's growing fine and she's moving lots then I wouldn't worry too much.

I've heard it can be normal to lose a little weight in the third trimester, because baby takes up so much space, it's hard to eat as much,and you're expending lots of energy fattening him up, so that may be a factor. The more likely culprit is just baby moving positions. I've noticed big variations based on how mine is sitting.

A month ago, she was breech. Now, she is head down. I had suspected she was transverse awhile before then. But I do know that she is anterior right now. So, that's probably why my bump is smaller.
I'm not terribly concerned about the weight loss as long as I know that the baby is growing. I think she may be experiencing that 30 week growth spurt today and I will possibly see a change soon.
Thanks so much for the input! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->