Did anyone have heavy periods before?

Welshie

Reaction score
Im so worried that i am going to bleed to death TMI after delivery! I was on tranexamic(sp) acid tablets x3 daily when i had my period before getting pregnant. My periods would last around 8 days even on those tablets.

I had just been referred to gyne just before i got pregnant. I have pernicious anaemia too.

Does anyone know if after you have delivered, are you allowed to take any tablets to slow/lessen the bleed?

I will speak to my midwife next week, but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Would love to know about this more. I have anemia and always had heavy periods that lasted about 7 days. Curious to know what to expect.

I've suffered horrendous periods all my life,I'd need to wear 2 always night time pad and three pairs of knickers and I would soak through within an hour,this would last 7-10 days and I was always anemic.I'm also scared at how much I mite bleed after baby is born xx

I suffered horrific periods before DS was born I was under Consultant care back and forward to Doctors on the same tablets as you that didn't do any good. My cycle lasted upto 12 days with horrendous flooding. I was unable TTC some months because if it. Also my iron was low and I was on tablets for this also, it was a living nightmare and ruled my life as I couldn't go out when I was flooding holidays had to be booked around my cycle. I had to wear lots if protection at bedtime and even used those bed sheets on my worse days.

I had a C Section with DS and bleed a little heavy on the first or so day afterwards then it calmed down, it was fine NOTHING like my cycle. Also the best news is that after having my baby my cycle was sooooo much better :) It only lasts approximate 7 days now I don't need any medication and haven't been to back to the Doctors since. I mentioned this to my Consultant when I saw him during this pregnancy and he said that it sometimes happens. So I'm hoping that's even better after my 2nd baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->