Did anyone have slow rising HCG?

Kmx

Reaction score
Once your slow rising hcg was confirmed, how long did it take to miscarry?

My numbers were 544 then 48 hours later 590. It's been confirmed that it's not going to result in a successful pregnancy. Just wondering when I can expect it all to happen. I've been spotting since last Tuesday.

They haven't yet ruled out ectopic so slightly worried about that. Hoping it happens sooner rather than later, I need this pain to end :cry:

I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. I think a pregnancy loss is one of the most devastating of all losses. As a person who has been there, done that, I'm sending lots of :hugs: to you!

You should request an ultrasound if you're worried about ectopic even if it is just for peace of mind.

As for my experience, my hormone levels were doing well in the beginning of my pregnancy (lots of dark lines, etc.) but as soon as I hit the 6 week mark, they began to level off. They reached 29,000 at my first blood draw, then went up to 41,000 within a couple days, so they weren't doubling but they were still rising. I had my second blood draw on June 17th. They told me I was going to miscarry. It was hard because I had all the symptoms of pregnancy still going full force. I didn't start bleeding until June 28th and finally lost the baby on July 12th, then bled a few days after that. In total I bled for 28 days. I would say you probably won't have to wait that long though since your levels didn't even get to the 1000s or bleed as long as I did.

I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. I think a pregnancy loss is one of the most devastating of all losses. As a person who has been there, done that, I'm sending lots of :hugs: to you!

You should request an ultrasound if you're worried about ectopic even if it is just for peace of mind.

As for my experience, my hormone levels were doing well in the beginning of my pregnancy (lots of dark lines, etc.) but as soon as I hit the 6 week mark, they began to level off. They reached 29,000 at my first blood draw, then went up to 41,000 within a couple days, so they weren't doubling but they were still rising. I had my second blood draw on June 17th. They told me I was going to miscarry. It was hard because I had all the symptoms of pregnancy still going full force. I didn't start bleeding until June 28th and finally lost the baby on July 12th, then bled a few days after that. In total I bled for 28 days. I would say you probably won't have to wait that long though since your levels didn't even get to the 1000s or bleed as long as I did.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write that. I'm so sorry for your loss and how long you had to wait, it's awful :cry:.

Regarding the ectopic, I had a scan on Friday which did not see any sign of pregnancy. I was told this was normal for levels under 1000, I'm not sure if they will ever get to see anything on a scan as my numbers are so low. I have read online however that for some people their hcg didn't even get to 500 and their tube ruptured so I really am terrified.

I am just wondering though and don't know if you can answer this, but if the pregnancy is confirmed as being unsuccessful, why are they not giving me the options of medical management of miscarriage? Instead they Are waiting to see what my hcg does on Tuesday and then waiting til Thursday for another blood draw. But they have admitted there is a chance of ectopic so why wait?

Although obviously I would love to wait For it to happen naturally, the waiting is terrifying and so upsetting, and I only have one ovary and tube and I obviously would like to preserve what I have instead of risk an ectopic and risk losing any natural future pregnancies. And finally although less importantly, I am due to be a bridesmaid in a wedding next Sunday. I am obviously thinking this may not happen as I won't physically be able to participate but if I were to receive the medical management today for example then maybe it would be all over by then.

I'm so confused and hurt but I just want it over. Although I'm terrified of what's ahead.

Thank you again for replying it's really reassuring to hear it from someone else :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->