Did anyone have their first baby natural, un-medicated and then have to be induced?

icegurl470

Reaction score
My BP has been high my last couple check-ups and I may need to be induced.. I'm really bummed because I'm leery of medical intervention when it comes to having babies and I went into labor on my own with my first at 40+4. Despite a grueling (but textbook) 12hr labor, managed to do it all natural and un-medicated, like I wanted. I was really looking forward to knowing better what to expect for labor #2 and the possibility of it being easier because I toughed it out the first time around, but now with the possibility of induction I'm scared this wont be the case.. Has anyone had this happen? Inductions can be more painful because your body isn't progressing naturally and I'm worried I wont be able to do it without pain relief again. But could #2 still be easier, even if I'm being induced? What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are...yes, baby number two should be less time in labor, however being induced, at least with pitocin, is so much more intense than natural labor. However, that being said, you can still go unmedicated as far as pain relief goes even with an induction, just know that it will likely be quicker and more intense.

My first two children came naturally and I had to be induced with my third at 40+6 because of low fluid levels and a failing placenta. However, I did not use pain medication, but it was by far not a pleasant experience. But, no complications for baby or I... :)

I hope that you will get the natural birth you want, but feel confident that if you have to be induced, then there are still many positives. :thumbup:

I had an emcs with my first (laboured for 3.5 agonizing days), unmedicated vbac with second (8hour total labour), I was induced at 41 weeks with third (1hr 45 min start to finish!) & did that unmedicated. To be honest, I personally enjoyed my induction better than my other two labours. The contractions came on fast and immediately, but I personally found them more mild than my last two. I was terrified of the induction and almost backed out as we were about to start.
Everyone always told me horror stories about induction. Everyone is different, but I wish you all the best!

Hi, not quite the same but I was induced with my 1st, went spontaneously with my 2nd and was induced with my 3rd. My 2nd labour was my most painful, my 3rd (induced) was my fastest and whilst it wasn't comfortable it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->