did anyone hear the new guidelines on smoking?

I went to a mothercare baby and me morning and one of the midwifes from my hospital was there and this is what she told the class, its all about trying to keep baby healthy and preventing cot death however this is all I can find they haven't updated the information properly yet www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/5/publichealth/.../resources/safesleep.pdf

Lovely, thanks. I don't want to be mean to my BIL and he was so upset when we told him about not being able to smoke and then hold the baby but Squiggle has to come first. I'm hoping that he'll be all good with it once he sees we're really not on a blackmail mission!

I quit smoking cigarettes and moved onto the e-cigs when we started ttc. Then managed to stop with the e-cigs at 6 weeks pregnant (mainly due to the nausea than anything else). I've been craving nicotine my whole pregnancy, and my partner smokes (outside only) which makes it even harder lol. I'm really looking forward to being able to use the e-cigs again if I'm honest and I don't think that makes me a bad mum. I always used to use it in the house and I have 3 older children aged 2-5. As far as I'm aware it's just harmless water vapour and flavourings that's released when you exhale with e-cigs. Not that I'll be blowing the vapour in my new babies face or anything, but j certainly won't be stepping outside to use it. My partner knows the score with smoking anf the babies, but I think 3 hours is a bit extreme to tell him he can't hold them for. He smokes more often than every 3 hours lol. Xxxx

I'm glad for the guide lines. I feel strongly about smoking when pregnant. Smoking around kids, smoking where the can be exposed. And I feel that way about the e-cigarette too.

Sorry if it offends anyone. But I feel strongly about smoking in all forms.

I'm glad for the guide lines. I feel strongly about smoking when pregnant. Smoking around kids, smoking where the can be exposed. And I feel that way about the e-cigarette too.

Sorry if it offends anyone. But I feel strongly about smoking in all forms.

There will always be someone who takes offence to a particular opinion, can't ever get around that. I'm happy with the choices that we've made and happy with our action plan to cope as 'smoking' parents. I'm glad I was able to give up tobacco before TTC, and nicotine in very early pregnancy. I'm also positive that I won't go back to tobacco once the babies are here, but I'm happy with my choice to 'give in' to my huge nicotine craving in the form of e-cigs after the birth. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->