Did anyone lose weight during their pregnancy?

orange-sox

Sebs Mummy + WTT
Reaction score
Obviously I haven't done this intentionally, but this morning I thought I'd check how much I weigh, and I've realised that in total I've lost nearly two stone.... 1.5 of that in the last week and a half.

I'm a big lass anyway, so it's not like I couldn't do with losing a bit of weight, but obviously this has frightened me a bit because I'm scared of hurting my baby :cry:

I'm going to be a terrible mother aren't I? :(

Just because you've lost weight, doesn't mean you'll be a terrible mum.. I never lost weight but I don't think it'd harm the baby.

While the idea is NOT to lose weight at all when you're pregnant.. I think your body takes nutrients and gives them to the baby as needed.. well, that's what my nutrition b*tch explained to me anyway. I think I read somewhere that it's the other way around.. so I'm not sure, but if you're worried call up your doctor !! :)

I have. i've lost 10lb in 2 weeks, and i only weigh 9 stone. Im scared too. Doesnt make you a bad mum :hug:

I have lost 1stone 5lb and the doc isnt worried the baby gets what it needs from u xx

Well you are quite early on and i think its quite common due to nausea and sickness, baby taking what it wants etc.

At the start I did, I lost loads from the sickness and only now am I putting it back on again. Said to midwife sho isnt worried as everything else is fine and the baby does eat your calories apparently.

I've post 10 pound so far, and as you said, i could do with losing it!
It was the midwife that told me when she weighed me yesterday, she didnt seem bothered. As others have said its like when you have severe morning sickness and barely eat, the baby will still get what it needs...
xxx

I lost 10 # when due with my Daughter. I just was that sick, I could hold nothing. However I made a healthy rebound to a plump size :) I think as long as you take vitamins you should be ok and pass for a bit.

Ive lost 1.6kgs however many pounds that is i dont know :rofl:

My MW told me that aslong as the weightloss/gain isn't rapid, it has no effect on the baby x

I lost about 1.5 stones in the first 16 weeks due to morning sickness - and it hasn't harmed my LO at all, because she is slightly bigger than average for this gestation!

Don't worry hun, i've lost half a stone, your metabolism increases in pregnancy, and like others have said, your baby gets everything it needs before you do. :hugs: xx

I cant remember how much i lost in the first tri with number1 but it was a lot. i know in total i only gained 1 stone then when she was born i was the weight i was when i was in high school and i was so slim! now ive put it all back on and then some! ;)

baby will be fine. try and eat what you can and as long as your taking folic asic i wouldnt worry. when you tell the midwife she wont bat an eye lid!! :)

losing weight in early pregnancy through morning sickness etc. is OK, losing it in the last half isn 't good, call your mw!

I am taking part in an NHS research for overweight pregnant women and so far I have gained 0.35kg which works out at 0.77lb, mind you it was after lunch they weighed me....so I havent gained any weight during pregnancy so I must have lost weight since baby is growing.

Tey said they were happy if we loose a little weight but not too much also not to put too much on. Its more about eating sensible so baby gets enought nutrients.

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->