Did Anyone Use a Pregnancy Yoga/ Workout DVD?

Sun_Flower

Mum to 2 Beautiful Girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm newly pregnant with number two, and will admit I was a total lazy moo with my first pregnancy. I lost all my baby weight and more by getting in to working out at home (mainly the Turbofire programme) and would really like to carry on with something while pregnant. However, I don't want anything as strenuous as turbofire etc so was wondering if any of you lovely mummies used a pregnancy workout or pregnancy yoga DVD, and if it was any good etc? Xx

I had one.. I must have used it twice both times with my OH during the 2 Trim. I stopped because I had a lot of problems with my joints to the point I needed help turning in bed. I could do some of the movements but a lot of them were just too painful for me and I couldn't get off the floor afterwards.

That said the movements in themselves weren't very strenuous or difficult, it was just the pregnancy hormones doing my joints in. This time round I'm going through the same thing, I'm only 12 weeks and I already have trouble from sitting down.:wacko:

I did yoga before I had my DD and I continued to do the poses I was able to do and skipped the ones that hurt me (had awful SPD). I've always made my own routine up because I have a brain condition (have also had 2 surgeries) that doesn't allow me to do certain positions.

Watch a few videos (there's lots on Youtube!) , do the poses that you're able to do, skip the ones you can't. You'll still get the general benefits from the ones you're able to do (flexibility, strength, etc. ) :flower:

I had Shiva Rae's prenatal yoga DVD and it was great. I did not do the whole routine very often (it was 50 minutes) but it is divided into 3-4 parts, so I usually did one part at a time.

I had some experience with yoga before, and I found this DVD easy, but still very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->