Did anyone wait the full 6 weeks after labor before having sex again?

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
I'm just curious how long most people waited to have sex again after birth I know you should wait 6 weeks and let your body heal but I'm worried my husband will go crazy...

I know this local girl that did not... She ended up preggers again three weeks after she delivered. Ill be taking my drs advice and using contraceptives lol :)

I waited five weeks I I recall correctly. Though I bled for four. I was not even tempted to do anything with that area for at least the five weeks. I think it was more for hubby at that point.

There are always...alternative methods for satisfying him until then..... just saying.

Oh god, yes. Although I tore and ended up with a fistula (freak accident thing, pretty rare and was easily fixed with outpatient surgery) and so sex was INCREDIBLY PAINFUL when we tried at 6 weeks and we didn't try again for another 6 weeks or so. So... 12 weeks or so after delivery is when we successfully had sex. :-(

yep, i actually waoted more like eight weeks as my pp bleeding lasted that long:)

I had internal stitches as well as external skin stitches. The internal stitches were there for at least 8 wks, so it was about 10 wk post partum until any of that happened! Each woman is diff and each delivery is diff. Good luck :)

A friend of mine didn't wait - her kids are 10 months apart. Needless to say, I WILL.be waiting lol

We only waited 2 days, but I had no tearing and bleeding was not all that bad then. Everything turned out fine.

I had a c section and we waited 12 weeks as it was just too painful to even consider. My pp bleeding lasted for 9 weeks.

I had a second degree tear 3rd time and a third degree 2nd time but both healed so so well. I've waited till the lochia is gone and then a bit so we usually start up again at about 4 weeks. You are quite fertile after birth so make sure you use something!

We waited 8 weeks. Firstly I wanted to be back on the pill with it properly working. Secondky I had emcs and so I needed to wait until my scar was healed and romotely comfortable. It did hurt.. more than I expected. To be honest I should have waited a bit longer but felt I 'should' do it.

I think we waited about 5 weeks i had a episiotomy and stitches it was very uncomfy and painful when we did so waited another.2weeks after 1st attempt as i was back on pill then and it was much better will def be waiting the full 6weeks at least this time

Wow, I feel bad! My OH and I didn't have sex for months after DD was born. I had a 3rd degree tear, plus really painful breasts with BF and to be honest having sex was the last thing I had on my mind! If I had wanted to, I am sure we would have, but I really didn't! And he respected that. And to be honest, when we did actually get round to it, it was awesome - guess the wait was worth it for us!

We waited a out six weeks with first, about eight weeks with second. Wait until YOU are ready, your husband will survive, believe me.

We waited around 2 weeks my bleeding wasn't too bad and had stopped a day or so before we tried, it didn't hurt as such but was a little uncomfortable but it got better each time we :sex:

With DS1 I had 2 stitches and DS2 didn't have any tears or grazes at all but we waited 2 weeks after each and my bleeding had stopped so I guess I was pretty lucky! :thumbup:

I can't even remember. I had a c-section and between healing from that, the stress of trying to establish breastfeeding, and getting 45 minutes to 3 hours of broken up sleep a night sex was the last thing on my mind. I am sure it was well over 6 weeks thought!

I feel so rubbish now it has been weeks and it will be long after the birth before I am likely to be thinking about it.

Even 6 weeks sounds too soon to me!!

Just do it when you're ready.

You healing and looking after your new child is much more important than your husband getting sex.

Ya I think mine was 8 weeks.....I had no tearing and and a very speedy recovery....mine was totally mental..I was terrified to "do it"......Hahahaha. So I kept like "wanting" to but was too friggen scared to get things going and DH was too worried about me to ask...so it wasnt until 8 weeks and 2 glasses of wine...Hahahahahaha...it wasnt enjoyable the first time either....took 2 or 3 times before I was back in the saddle happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->