Did anyone wait the full 6 weeks after labor before having sex again?

Yes, at least. Probably more like 8 weeks. I just didn't fancy it. When we did do it it hurt.. It actually hurt for the next 9 months or so, so we didn't do it very often. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

With dd I waited 5 months but didn't have a choice as dh was finishing up a year long deployment :haha:

This time I will def be waiting the full six weeks maybe longer. Won't be doing anything till I have some form of birth control in place and active!

Absolutely! Not in the mood and was tired! I also bled for nearly 6 weeks after - and I didn't like the smell of it.

Also, my boobs were constantly engorged and couldn't have them shaken about or touched in anyway LOL

Was very happy when we finally did, as I didn't enjoy it while I was pregnant, so it was nice to enjoy it again.

Er I feel a bit strange now, don't think we did it for months, I had a tear and stitches but the lack of sleep, OH working full time we just weren't bothered, the first couple of times were a bit painful too so didn't rush back into it!

I think I'm weird, we haven't had sex since I've been pregnant and can't see me wanting to even within 6 weeks after! Lol!

Not weird hun - we've done it twice since being pregnant.

I think I bled for 5 weeks - after that you're good to go as it means your uterus has healed and there is no longer a risk of infection from sex.

Thanks, I just really can't be bothered! Lol. I don think OH is bothered either, which I suppose is a good thing really!

Wow, I feel bad! My OH and I didn't have sex for months after DD was born. I had a 3rd degree tear, plus really painful breasts with BF and to be honest having sex was the last thing I had on my mind! If I had wanted to, I am sure we would have, but I really didn't! And he respected that. And to be honest, when we did actually get round to it, it was awesome - guess the wait was worth it for us!

Don't feel bad! I waited months as well and I had no tearing whatsoever. With a house-full and a job and dissertation research there was no way I (and OH to a MUCH lesser degree) had even near the time or energy for sex.

I have a high sex drive and NO self control. Getting through almost a week after [natural] delivery with no sex was KILLING me. We had sex the day before labor started, and then we waited 5 days after our baby was born. Longest wait of my life..... :haha:

I actually know quite a few people who waited months. I can totally understand it. It's a busy time, your body is going through so much, and most folks probably don't feel all that attractive for a while. :(

Wow! So pleased that at least a few of you were not having sex so soon after birth as I was starting to feel quite guilty for poor DH! We've only had sex a handful of times since getting pregnant. Also, after my first I think we tried at around 6 weeks or so, but I found it unbearably painful! I think there could have been a bit of a problem with my stitching. I was either stitched up a little too tight or the scar tissue was causing a problem. Either way, it took the good part of a year at least before I was able to have sex without it being painful. Even now,3 1/2 years on I still sometimes experience a bit of discomfort. Fortunately my DH is incredibly understanding and supportive. I just hope my recovery doesn't take as long this time. I will probably seek medical assistance sooner if it does!

Longer the better lol with dd1 we waited 6 mo it was great lol. With dd2 was a lot sooner. And I thinl since we did it so soon it messed with my sex drive it alwats hurt idk how I endee up pregnant

I have a high sex drive and NO self control. Getting through almost a week after [natural] delivery with no sex was KILLING me. We had sex the day before labor started, and then we waited 5 days after our baby was born. Longest wait of my life..... :haha:

I actually know quite a few people who waited months. I can totally understand it. It's a busy time, your body is going through so much, and most folks probably don't feel all that attractive for a while. :(

Im almost in pain just reading this lol weren't you sore?! And bleeding like a crazy person? Sorry if that's personal. I just can't imagine. I could hardly walk after five days, let alone DTD. Your OH better know how lucky they are to have such a trooper! Lol

Waited around 4, it was a bit painful so after that we waited 2 more weeks, I don't bleed heavy though, I only bled for a week. I lose most my blood in a labor

It's been 4 weeks to the day since my C-section and I was just wondering. I think I remember the doctor saying I didn't have to wait the 6 weeks, just until the bleeding stopped, but I'm not sure. I am pretty much ready to try it again...I've been so horny...:blush:

we waited at least 6 weeks, and then the sex was so bad we waited longer still. Took a while for things to feel somewhat decent again but still not up to par as far as I'm concerned. Can't believe we are expected #2 frankly.

5 weeks I had no tears but it was very uncomfortable! Ugh! This time I will wait longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->