• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did anyone wait until after birth to find name?

Ellivort

Reaction score
11w today, so still a ways to go, but if we have a boy:I think we're in for some trouble. We cannot agree on a name and nothing ever sounds that good to me.

Did anyone wait to name their baby until after it was born or after leaving hospital?

Yup, we didn't name Sophie till she was a few days old.

We always had a shortlist of a few names for either gender (team yellow) and then decided once LO was born. DS was names the day after he was born, DD1 was named at a week old, DD2 was named after 5 days I think.

Yes my dd was nameless for 4days! X

I wouldn't personally, as I tend to obsess about names and would worry I'd regret a decision made when I was so tired and hormonal. :haha: We decided on the spelling of our first's middle name after they were born and I've thought we got that wrong ever since. I need time to try out a name and consider it from all angles. But then I know lots of people need to see baby before they know their name, so I think it just depends on what type of person you are.

We were team yellow and only managed to decide on a girl's name so Tristan didn't have a name until he was a couple of days old.

We know what we like...but I think deciding when see them is best c

I have changed my mind so many times for this baby, that we've scided to wait until she's here

I've kinda given up talking it over eith OH so I'm just trying to find names I like and i'll probably bring it up when baby is here :haha:

I wanted to have a girl and boy name picked out but it's just so hard this time. Hoping that seeing baby helps

With my first, I was adamant with my name and knew it was what I wanted. With this one I am undecided so going to see his face first and see what feels right x

We were the same with our first. We knew it was a girl and we agreed instantly on first and middle. So it was a no brainer and we've never regretted it since.

For girls names we have agreed on 2 names, but which one is still in the air.

For boys we are at a complete impasse. What I like DH hates and vice versa!

I'm generally a be prepared in advance person. hopefully when the gender is revealed in a couple months we agree.

At least now I know I'm not alone should we have to wait to name the baby til afterbirth :)

With my first, I was adamant with my name and knew it was what I wanted. With this one I am undecided so going to see his face first and see what feels right x

I have picked each of my baby's names not long after I found out their genders. Me and DH have very different taste in names and barely agree on any as it is so it's easier to just get it out the way before hand or we would be arguing about it for weeks after the birth!

We have a couple of names but will wait til we see her to decide which one suits her best x

My second was nearly three weeks old before he he a name!!

We took 2 weeks to name both my 1st and my 2nd! We just could not agree for either of them, but we wouldn't have been able to finalize it before the birth either.

We had a list of girl's names but didn't choose one of them until she was in our arms-about 10-15 mins.

Yes with our first we didn't decide until after he was born. I had a name picked that I loved but dh didn't like it. He said no every time I suggested it. We had a short list and my fav name wasn't on it. When he was born dh was just so in love and said soo that name you liked.. I think it suits him. So I got what I wanted in the end! Our daughter we named right after finding out she was a girl as we both loved the same name. This time again, I have a name i love and he says its okay, but I've just been calling him by the name I like hoping it grows on dh more!

We will probably be waiting till he is born this time and choosing a name from a short list

my youngest was nameless until 4 days after she was born. There were a few names but took a while to settle on the right one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->