did anyone watch benefit street?

catty

Reaction score
Wow cant believe people will put all that on tv!
One family were cheating benefits and getting £1500 but have just got caught - dont think one of them had a job on the entire street.
There probably much better off then me - sigh!!

Urgh! I have had the biggest rant ever after watching that. How can anybody want to stay on benefits long term? Instead of complaining they're cutting back, concentrate on sorting your life out!

They ALL smoked. They ALL drank. They will all be using the NHS for liver damage and lung cancer. People with the attitude of those on that programme tonight deserve nothing. I get the system is there to help. Who knows? One day I might need it. However I sure as hell will NOT grow canabis in my spare room or steal or spend it all on crap so I can't feed my kids.

I'm sorry, I'm hormonal...

while some people do take the mick, the majority dont and do live off the breadline. ive seen it through work :(

Oh no I know. My comments above are purely for those twits they showed on the programme.

I know plenty of people on benefits. Most are busting a gut to better their lives and get jobs. Some, and they wind me right up, see it as a long term life style choice. They don't intend to get a job. And if they ever did have a job and lost it, they claim they deserve the break because they have worked before and they deserve to watch their seven children grow up from home. FML. Your 25, you've worked for 7 years.

Ok I'm seriously going to stop. It really grates me if you can't tell :)

I think thats why they really shouldnt do programmes like this as its obviously going to annoy alot of people that are skint but dont want to go and steal from shops or grow cannabis in the spare room.
I get child benefit myself and when we have our next child we will get tax credits my my boyfriend still works and il be workig after mat leave. If we didnt have a job wed be looking

really annoyed me...

im a single mum due to violence so at the moment i do rely on the benifit system & well its shite..

im just about getting by, i dont have a huge tv, nice big sofa etc. 95% off the stuff in the flat is 2nd hand or given to me by family as they no longer needed it etc.

i dont drink, i do smoke but i only spend about £15 a month on fags - yep i know thats £15 i could spend on food!!

but yeah it is a struggle & its sooo hard to get work when you have a 2 yr old, its also hard to find a private rented property as no landlords accept housing benifit because they think you will spend your rent on crap & end up in arrears! so yeah im stuck in a flat full of black mould mold with an asthmatic child & me having a chest infection for 2 months now.

sorry rant over. xx

really annoyed me...

im a single mum due to violence so at the moment i do rely on the benifit system & well its shite..

im just about getting by, i dont have a huge tv, nice big sofa etc. 95% off the stuff in the flat is 2nd hand or given to me by family as they no longer needed it etc.

i dont drink, i do smoke but i only spend about £15 a month on fags - yep i know thats £15 i could spend on food!!

but yeah it is a struggle & its sooo hard to get work when you have a 2 yr old, its also hard to find a private rented property as no landlords accept housing benifit because they think you will spend your rent on crap & end up in arrears! so yeah im stuck in a flat full of black mould mold with an asthmatic child & me having a chest infection for 2 months now.

This is why it annoys me as they make it out to be funny - the woman who was frauding the system was laughing about it, yet you and many others are the real reality of it but they dont show that part
I get they obviously show the people that will get ratings but still

It's disgusting of Channel 4. They know full well this will just promote the hateful stereotype because these people are the tiny minority that fulfil the Daily Mail's/Jeremy Kyle's view of Benefit Britain. But anything for entertainment, right?

It's why I try not to watch tv shows like that, anything designed to make you angry. Same reason why I refuse to read tabloids (especially the sun) it's designed to make you angry. They will always show the worse, parts will be edited out and everyone who claims even a penny will b judged. We claim hb as well as tc.. We get by ok but rely on those to keep us going. We found a nice house in a good area that's private rent but we pay a bit more for it. I also work ft. I bet anyone of u could sit there and judge out lifestyle and reasons why we shouldn't claim. Btw I'm not saying that the people on the show were not fiddling/using as a lifestyle choice etc Justus have to be careful watching these shows for those reasons.

God bless that man selling stuff for 50p I say. Great idea.

I missed the bit where they were cheating, Thomas was still up and being demanding.

The only person out of the show I liked was the man that was selling things for 50p. I thought that was a lovely idea.

The rest of them... well they sum up what is wrong with this country. Nice to know I go to work and pay my taxes for people like them.

It's absolutely sickening to think people live and act like that and can go on to produce children.

Feel sorry for those who genuinely claim benefits and are genuinely trying to better themselves and their situation, cause you'll always get those who will tar everyone with the same brush now.

Ive not seen it but Ill be catching up with it this week

Black dee pissed me off. Going on that she couldnt afford the £200 something rent arrears but then shes smoking fags. Well quit smoking and us that to pay it

Its just TV to please the readers of the Daily Mail
I do think Chan 4 exploited the entire street, the residents have claimed they were plied with booze and fags in order to put on a decent show.
Its such a small majority, yes that small majority makes me so angry but more because people who genuinely needs benefits are penalized and judged.

xx

Looks like channel 4 are screwed by doing this programme. All sorts of accusations going on and apparently they're going to investigated for aiding and abetting a shoplifter!

Good.

Im disabled and unable to work and i get fuck all but people like that get money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->