did anyone watch benefit street?

Just usual channel 4 tripe, pretending to raise awareness etc when really they are humiliating people.

I watch it :shock:

I feel terribly sorry for the children that are living in such dirty conditions and spending all their time with drunks and druggies, parents smoking in the house all day long, swearing their heads off. Awful :(

I watch it :shock:

I feel terribly sorry for the children that are living in such dirty conditions and spending all their time with drunks and druggies, parents smoking in the house all day long, swearing their heads off. Awful :(

Me too. I wanted to bring them all home :(

All they do is listen to foul language and get threatened to be hit. What kind of a life is that? They don't know any different. Locking your kid in a room? It's just so sad. And calling a five year old boy a fucking idiot. :(

Wonder how many calls have been made to social services

I cried watching it it was awful.

Saw the flatscreen tv too!!!!

unfortunately i know a family who is exactly like that couple with the two kids who had the HV round.

its vile and upsets me so much that children can be brought up like that!

:( xx

The poor children in this show! You don't need money to be a good parent, these poor kids don't stand a chance.

I couldn't believe that little boy is 4!!! My little man is 4 and a complete polar opposite. Poor kids :(

Cant believe the way they treat their kids. :nope: "he has a good relationship with fungi" the same alcoholic sitting drinking in the street and they left their child with him :wacko:

And white dee...basically telling her kids theyre making her depression worse :nope: nearly had a tear in my eye the way she was talking to gerrard when he left his bike at the park. :(

I'm not entering a what they can and can't have debate. They can of course do what they like but those kids looked like they had barely anything, the house was a tip and in the middle of it all... A lovely flat screen tv. It's obvious most of their money goes to a place like bright house (they also had a nice looking laptop). I could not in good conscience keep those things knowing they were going without.

You can be on benefits and have a lovely home. My issue is not the benefits itself rather how they've spent it, prioritising other things over the children :( and I'm sure this was the couple cheating on the system so were getting even more money.

I'm not entering a what they can and can't have debate. They can of course do what they like but those kids looked like they had barely anything, the house was a tip and in the middle of it all... A lovely flat screen tv. It's obvious most of their money goes to a place like bright house (they also had a nice looking laptop). I could not in good conscience keep those things knowing they were going without.

You can be on benefits and have a lovely home. My issue is not the benefits itself rather how they've spent it, prioritising other things over the children :( and I'm sure this was the couple cheating on the system so were getting even more money.

yeah it was the couple who were cheating the system. the laptop they were using was white dee's, not their own.

xx

They haven't got money to feed their kids but they ALWAYS have money for fags n booze don't they!!?? :growlmad:

yeah it was the couple who were cheating the system. the laptop they were using was white dee's, not their own.

xx

Thanks for correcting me xx

babycrazy I noticed that too. I wanted to feel for them but it seemed like they had so many excuses. I was SO pleased when they managed to get their son to sleep though. That I really sympathise with, with T's problems sleep is a massive problem.

I love this programme! I know what they portray is only a portion of those claiming benefits and only one side of the story - I almost had to claim last year but luckily I found work last minute before the first payment came through. However, i've seen first hand a bunch of people who behave like those on the tv so I know that regardless of whether they have been bribed or not, this is how some people live and it disgusts me. The kids don't stand a chance.

Because of the stigma attached to claiming benefits, I was thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed that I came close last year even though I knew it was necessary for me to survive. As I say, luckily I found a summer job but I do feel for those who have no choice to claim and genuinely want to earn a living but can't find work and as a result are stuck with a stereotype that they don't deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->