Did everyone test for a BFN after m/c?

kizzyt

Loving my baby girl
Reaction score
I didnt, I went on holiday a week after my ERPC and I had stopped bleeding and I didnt think about it really. Now I see a lot of people got neg's before trying again to make sure if they got a pos it is a different pregnancy (I assume). I feel a bit confused now and wish I had done that. I dont know if I could have handled seeing that so soon after losing our shrimp though, it would have hurt a LOT!

I didn't at all KizzyT so you're not alone...I didn't do anything...temping, HPTs, NADA. The only thing I did was get a scan a week after my M/C started to make sure everything was out naturally. It was a good scan and after that it was simply the waiting game for my AF. I really didn't want to pay attention and to get an positive or negative test after my M/C well both would have just made me sad... positive because I might just think it was the left over HCG and negative because it would be the final confirmation that it was truly over.

I'm hoping that you won't get your AF and you'll just go right to another BFP! You had such a relaxing holiday right after and got to spend lots of time with your OH that perhaps another baby was made? :)

that's what he says, haha! cool, glad i am not the only one, I didnt even have a scan after they told me what to expect and nothing seemed any different from that so I have just assumed it's all good and I'll keep on thinking that way :)

I was the same as Grandbleu, I had a f/u scan after the m/c to make sure everything was out and then I waited for AF to arrive. After I got AF, I started temping, etc.

i am testing, but only to try and track when i might ov and/or when af is likely to show so that i can be prepared. it does hurt seeing that lovely second line fade. i have yet to get a complete negative tho... although its horrible a negative will mean i can try and start to move on :(

I've been thinking about the same thing lately!! (That I need to test so that way if I think there is a chance that I am, I will know...but I am afraid of it being positive still from the mc!)

...I had my follow up appt on the 1st, and asked my doctor about that. He said that I might still show a positive test etc...he didn't do a scan or anything...he also said he believed he would be seeing me back there soon for a pg, but I'm not entirely sure how I will know if I do end up pg...I think I will still think it is mc stuff!

After my us the dr did a test to confirm it was neg which it was. It meant i had no hope which i guess was good for me but really hard to hear :(

i didnt test but i knew my HCG levles were down anyway as someone from the hospital called and said they were at 0 so i had no need to.

x

hmm I didnt have an u/s or blood test after the D&C so I dont know if it went back to neg but all my symptoms completely disappeared so I am assuming so and it's been 5 weeks now so I'd guess that its completely gone and any new Positive would be a new pregnancy. I suppose if I got a BFP I'd ask the doc to do a blood test anyway. thanks for all your replies! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->