Did I do the right thing

SjandPeanut

Reaction score
My 10 week old normally has a set routine over night.
10.30- feed then sleep
12.30 wake up for a feed the sleep
2.30-3- wake up feed sleep
5/6 wake up feed sleep.
Last night she went to sleep at 11 and I woke up in time for feeding at 2.30. She was asleep so I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 3.30 she was asleep so I went back to sleep.

At 4.40 I woke up and she was asleep but sucking her fingers. I decided to pick her up and feed her even though she was asleep.

Would you guys have done the same? I just think that 6 hours is a long time to go without a feed.

X

i did the same thing the first night my son slept more than a couple of hours without feeding. He was 7 or 8 weeks at the time. But that night was the beginning of a beautiful new sleeping routine. For over a month he slept 6 hours, then 3 hours, then another 3 hours nearly every night (now things are different because we moved him to his own room this week and he is still getting used to the transition). it's normal for babies to be able to sleep a little longer at this age. next time i would just let her sleep.

At 10 weeks my LO who was EBF at the time would sleep from 7pm until 5 am without waking for a feed. I left him to it as that was the start of him sleeping through the night (eventually he got to 12 hours). My boobies hurt like nothing on earth the first few times he did it but over time they adjusted to his new pattern too and he was happy getting everything he needed during the day.

Thanks. It was just a bit weird for me because my son didn't sleep that long until he was about 7 months old. I assumed from all the post on here that breastfed babies didn't sleep very long so I thought i must have done something wrong! :haha:

My 8 week old is starting to do this too!! Surprised me so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->