Did i do the right thing?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
Background info-

I live in a block of 6 flats, with a communal door. Ive lived here for 18 months. Its in a nice area, & my neighbours are all pleasant, but there is a couple upstairs who i dont like one bit as they caused abit of trouble a few months after i moved in. There was alot of noise coming from their flat, turned out she had confronted him with a knife during an argument, he called the police but he dropped all charges. Since then ive always been a little wary of them, but always say hello etc.

Fast forward to this morning, LOs in bed, & i pop out for a cigarette. The male from upstairs comes out (11.30am) waving an unopened bottle of prosecco around saying he was celebrating, & would i give him a "proper kiss". I refused & he got a bit annoyed. He was clearly drunk. After a brief chat, he made his way over to his car. I told him he wasnt going anywhere & i managed to get his keys off him. I was begging him to think of other people & not drive off. There was a minor physical battle over his car keys but i had to let him take them. Im 24 & 5"2' & hes 55 & 6"0'ish. I said if he drives off he leaves me no choice (to ring the police) & he said "you effing ring the police, there will be effing consequences". After stalling about 5 times he made it out the car park.

Ive rung the police. Now im terrified he gets caught, loses his lisence, then his job (hes a bus driver) & before you know it, his lifes ruined because i reported him. I rang my dad & he said he wouldnt of done anything. Now im just absolutely petrified ive caused myself a whole load of trouble :(

You did the right thing, he was in no way in the right mind to drive. Even if he does lose everything that's his own fault. My uncle almost died because of a drunk driver. I have no sympathy for them.

You've absolutely done the right thing. If he loses his job that's his fault, not yours. And if he tries anything in revenge get right back on to the police.

Its selfish, but im just petrified now that they will get their "revenge" on me. I live alone with my son. I wanted to walk to the local shop to get some dinner for tonight but ive been too scared!

The police said my statements annonymous but hes going to know it was me. Even though i told the police i was threatened, they just said to ring 101 if i have any problems. I keep saying its worth it if i stopped him from having a potential crash & killing someone, but i dont even know if they found him. I dont want to live in fear.

Background info-

I live in a block of 6 flats, with a communal door. Ive lived here for 18 months. Its in a nice area, & my neighbours are all pleasant, but there is a couple upstairs who i dont like one bit as they caused abit of trouble a few months after i moved in. There was alot of noise coming from their flat, turned out she had confronted him with a knife during an argument, he called the police but he dropped all charges. Since then ive always been a little wary of them, but always say hello etc.

Fast forward to this morning, LOs in bed, & i pop out for a cigarette. The male from upstairs comes out (11.30am) waving an unopened bottle of prosecco around saying he was celebrating, & would i give him a "proper kiss". I refused & he got a bit annoyed. He was clearly drunk. After a brief chat, he made his way over to his car. I told him he wasnt going anywhere & i managed to get his keys off him. I was begging him to think of other people & not drive off. There was a minor physical battle over his car keys but i had to let him take them. Im 24 & 5"2' & hes 55 & 6"0'ish. I said if he drives off he leaves me no choice (to ring the police) & he said "you effing ring the police, there will be effing consequences". After stalling about 5 times he made it out the car park.

Ive rung the police. Now im terrified he gets caught, loses his lisence, then his job (hes a bus driver) & before you know it, his lifes ruined because i reported him. I rang my dad & he said he wouldnt of done anything. Now im just absolutely petrified ive caused myself a whole load of trouble :(

You have done right thing. You need to tell the police he has threatened you. If you didnt ring police and he ran someone over and killed someone you would feel guilty. If you have trouble report it

You've absolutely done the right thing but I totally understand why you're scared :hug: I don't know what to suggest though, do you have a friend living nearby who could come and stay for tonight? Not a long term solution I know, but it might be comforting having someone else there while you're frightened

You could have just contributed to saving someones life. You did the right thing, and a brave one.

You did what was right- and brave!!! I would immediately go to your landlord though and explain the situation and that the guy threatened you... if anything, hopefully, if he does make a fuss he will be evicted! Make sure the police know too. It can't hurt to take the offensive (just in case hun). :hugs:

You absolutely did the right thing hun. You could have saved someone's life :hugs:

You absolutely did the right thing. How would you have felt if he killed someone?

Let the police know he threatened you, and let him know you've told them, if he says anything.

He may well have been so drunk he'll have forgotten all about the altercation with you anyway.

You did the right thing. I think you were really brave to confront him and then ring the police. A lot of people would not have the guts to do that, so well done! If he threatens you again and you feel in immediate danger, then do not hesitate to ring 999. x

You definitely did the right thing hunni :hugs: he could've killed someone. If he confronts you just pony blank deny calling them. He could've been pulled over randomly for driving irratically, or anything. Hope you're ok.

YOu absolutely did the right thing, and incredibly brave of you to do so with confronting him in that state! Imagine if he had harmed or killed someone on the roads? I would let the landlord know what has happened with him threatening you, and hopefully that may help if he causes any trouble with you. I can see why you are scared, though. I would be scared living so close to someone like that too, who clearly doesn't care about others if he's perfectly willing to put others' lives in jeopardy on the roads while drunk.

I rent through an agency, & the man upstairs owns his property. So telling my landlord wouldnt do anything would it?

You definitely did the right thing, well done.

You did the right thing. I bet when he's sobered up he will probably realise he was an idiot. Defo ring 999 if anything at all happens. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->