Did I make the right choice?

Rei

Reaction score
So thus morning I was officially diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I was given the option of a D&C, to do it chemically by taking pills, or to have it done naturally. My husband and I talked it over and we think it's best to have my body take care of it naturally.

My mother didn't approve and wanted me to do a D&C because she literally think I'm gonna bleed out like she almost did 23 years ago with her blighted ovum. So now I'm kind of freaking out! I just want to be done with it but the pills and surgical option just freaks me out. Heck thus whole blighted ovum thing freaks me out. Did I make the choice? Am I really putting my life in danger by wanting to do it naturally?

Sorry this has happened to you. I have had a natural loss at 5 weeks and a D&C at 12 weeks after finding out baby died at 10 and waiting it out. After two weeks I couldnt wait any longer and it was definitely the right decision for me second time around. Good luck xx

I'm so sorry :hugs:

If you and dh think its the right decision, go with it. Personally, after my miscarriage I also chose to let it happen naturally...but looking back I would have chosen the d&c. It didnt happen as quickly as I thought, the whole ordeal dragged on for 3 months. I lost a LOT of blood in that time and it was just emotionally draining to be constantly reminded of the miscarriage.

I don't think you are putting your life in danger, just be prepared that it might take longer than you expect and there will probably be a lot of bleeding.

It's your body and your choice to do whatever you feel is right for you. Your mum can disapprove but it's not her that has to go through it.

I have no regrets going the natural route. For me it was swift and relatively painless and gentle. I am not a medically inclined person and can't imagine going the medicalised route, but every person has their own preferences.
Complications are pretty rare from either side and individual experiences vary a great deal in both instances as well.
Plus you can always go down the medical route if it isn't happening quickly or you change your mind etc; you can't change your mind if you choose medically managed first.

Thank you all very much. I have another doctor appointment scheduled on the 16th and if it isn't over with by then I think I will choose another option. I think this is the most emotionally draining experience I have ever gone through in my life. T_T. I really just want it to he over. Thankfully the cramping is coming mote frequently and hopefully everything will end by next week.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I also was diagnosed with a blighted ovum last June at 8 weeks, and chose to go the D&C route- personally, I just wanted closure as quickly as possible and they were able to do the D&C the very next day. I am also super scared of surgeries and anesthesia, but it was a very quick procedure and the recovery period was also quick (some light spotting for about 2-3 days after).

In contrast to this, I just had a natural miscarriage 6 days ago (13 weeks due to triploidy), and the recovery from this is excruciating for me... I still have painful cramps, a lot of bleeding, and it was emotionally way harder for me.

These are just my own personal experiences- everyone goes through something different with pregnancy unfortunately! So in the end just choose what you and your doctor feel is the right route for you. Good luck :)

Sorry for your loss starrinites x

Im sorry for your loss. Currently in your shoes as welk with a blighted ovum. I decided to schedule a d&c for Friday

I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone is different so the "right decision" is really what you feel is more comfortable/the best option for yourself.

I will share my experience anyhow: I had a mmc last April but did not want to do it naturally. I was afraid of surgery. I opted for the pill. I regretted taking the pill as it was unbearably painful and gave me contractions for a day or two, and didn't even remove the tissue entirely. I needed surgery anyway. Looking back I wish I would've just done the D&C. It wasn't really all too scary when the surgery happened, I just wanted to move on with my life.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Thank you all very much for the replies. I'm just gonna wait it out til my next appointment on the 16th and if nothing happens I might just do the D&C I didn't think it would take this long but now I'm almost 11 weeks. This is dragging on too long

So sorry you are going through this. I don't think there is a best option. I had a D&C this last Sunday, and I'm still passing clots and tissue (they had to do a conservative D&C due to the location and risks of the pregnancy). The D&C itself wasn't bad.

Sending you prayers.

Thank you so much. Finally started miscarrying today it seems with the bad cramps and some bleeding, fingers crossed it ends by tonight ^_^ emotionally I'm a lot better now that it's started I feel like I have closure and I truly believe I made the right choice now. Yeah the cramps suck and they are the worst I had in years, but I've actually had worse in my teenage years XD thank you ladies for taking tk time to answer my questions one of the most difficult times in my life. I truly appreciate it

Rei: Bless your heart. I hope today will be the end of the physical pain. Hopefully then, you'll have some closure and strength to decide what to do next.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you so much. Finally started miscarrying today it seems with the bad cramps and some bleeding, fingers crossed it ends by tonight ^_^ emotionally I'm a lot better now that it's started I feel like I have closure and I truly believe I made the right choice now. Yeah the cramps suck and they are the worst I had in years, but I've actually had worse in my teenage years XD thank you ladies for taking tk time to answer my questions one of the most difficult times in my life. I truly appreciate it

Good luck Rei :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->