Did I ovulate? 15dpo and BFN

britgirl82

Reaction score
I stopped nursing #2 eight weeks ago. I had regular periods for the last six months of nursing (I nursed to 12m) but my periods were always very light (little more than spotting).

Three weeks ago I got three days of EWCM and a positive opk. But my cm never dried up and four days later it was back to EWCM. I then got another positive OPK (this was 15 days ago now).

Since the day after my positive OPK I have had very unfertile CM: sticky/dry with a low hard cervix. I've also been feeling very pregnant: nausea, hot flashes etc.

I did a HPT today and it was negative. Which makes me think I didn't ovulate at all (since otherwise I'd either have my period or a positive test by now).

But surely if I hadn't ovulated two weeks ago, I'd have tried again by now or got a bleed wouldn't I? I've been very clearly infertile for the last two weeks with no period (or spotting or anything!).

Has my body just given up entirely??!

Any ideas? Thanks.

I had this happen to me too (although no regular periods prior to my first positive OPK post breast feeding). I got my positive OPK and then TONS of EWCM after like i;m talking tons, so I thought I was pregnant or something. TUrns out I wasn't, and I didn't end up getting my period until about 3 months later. After stopping breast feeding your hormones are just trying to regulate themselves, so maybe you will get your period soon here it's just taking some time. You may not have ovulated at all (which is also totally normal). I wouldn't worry too much but i would also take another HPT in a few days, you still may be pregnant too.

Hope that wasn't too confusing lol

Oh flipping heck really??!

Am so fed up with this! I stopped nursing in order to ttc and it's starting to seem like I was more fertile whilst nursing (my periods were slowly getting heavier)....

I just want my body to do SOMETHING!! Argh.

Did you do anything to encourage your cycles to return? I'm taking agnus castus and tried dong quai too (although I stopped a few weeks back when I thought I'd ovulated)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->