Did I start weaning too early?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
He'll be 5 months old on the 14th and i started weaning 4-5 days ago ,only a few teaspoons once a day
since started he seems to take it very well but he doesn't poo every day but 2-3 and make stinky wind,sorry tmi
And he seems to have problem to push "it" out, he makes noises trying to fill up his nappy for a long time but only got wind
He showed the signs and i thought he's ready for it (he show the signs for quite a long while before i started weaning)
i don't want to force his tummy too much
Do you think maybe i started too early? :cry:

The increase in iron can make the poop harder, do you give him water? He will likely take less formula and need a bit more water... 5 months is nowhere near too early. At his age you can likely give a bit of applesauce or applejuice too.

you havent done anything wrong, he's just a little constipated thats all. as ryder dsaid a little juice or water will help

His body is just adjusting, don't worry! I was abit warey of giving water incase it affected my boobie supply but it hasn't xx

The increase in iron can make the poop harder, do you give him water? He will likely take less formula and need a bit more water... 5 months is nowhere near too early. At his age you can likely give a bit of applesauce or applejuice too.

i give him water after meal and he takes it but not much, he just bite the top of the bottle,lol because he';s teething atm
after water he had my milk,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->