Did the shettles method work for you ? POLL

cnsweeney

Reaction score
Wondering if shettles worked for anyone ? Meaning did you dtd day of O for a boy or a few days prior for a girl ? Just curious! TIA :)

It was correct for us. We were not swaying but I know we dtd only once without protection and it was on ovulation day (how stupid haha) and it's a boy.

It worked for both our girl and boy although it wasn't on purpose.

Worked for dd. We use a donor, but I O'ed late and our donations ended up being 7 and 5 days before O! We were swaying, but not aiming for them that far out! Worked though. She's all girl. Will be doing same thing again for #2 in January.

The shettles method is nonsense. If you're trying for a certain gender don't do this!

The shettles method is nonsense. If you're trying for a certain gender don't do this!

It doesn't hurt to try . So far the poll says 80% worked and 20% did not.

It doesn't matter what the poll says- the shettles method has been proven to be wrong. If it doesn't work you've got the opposite gender to the one you were trying for. All I'm saying is if you want a certain gender you would be better doing your research, gender dreaming is really good.

There are a lot of people who still think it works and have had success with it. If someone wants to use it that's their choice. Not even all of those in the swaying community believe its wrong. It's like everything else - works for some people and nor for others. When I was swaying for DD just 2 years ago it was the best way to away and now it's changed. I'm sure in 2 years from now the current best way won't be the best way anymore.

We didn't aim to sway but we only dtd 2 days before o and got a boy. :flower:

It has worked for me 4 times now. I'm pregnant with #5 & we tried for a girl, we won't know until birth though!

It doesn't matter what the poll says- the shettles method has been proven to be wrong. If it doesn't work you've got the opposite gender to the one you were trying for. All I'm saying is if you want a certain gender you would be better doing your research, gender dreaming is really good.

I have done ALOT of research and have done a lot of my own polls on this site because I've used it for a few years now beginning with my last pregnancy and it's always been my go to. It's really just for fun to see the accuracy. Also , gender dreaming is no more successful than any other methods out there including shettles . It's all based on a bunch of theories and independent studies . It's up to swayers to determine what they think is worth a try. To be fair , I did say to please only comment with helpful information. I understand some people are skeptical but there is no more proof out there debunking it than there is proof in its favor . I plan to sway way more than with timing . I have researched diet , ph levels , ions , and many other factors including things dh should do. Some things I believe more than others but there is actually some truth to the shettles method in my opinion considering they basically use the concept of it for the Ericsson method which does have a success rate of more than the natural 51/49.
Also, if I could only handle having a boy (which is what we are swaying for) I wouldn't be having a baby at all. I am full aware I may have another girl and I will be very thankful and happy for that ! This is just our last child and we never swayed so figured it was worth a shot :)

I believe the information I gave was helpful. I wouldn't have given it otherwise. Fair enough it's your life and your baby, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I had some excellent advice which resulted in my little girl and that's all I'm going to say on that.

Along with timing, for a boy really make sure you are getting a lot of nutrients and vitamins. As I will be pink swaying again I've been reading that dieting and losing weight is a HUGE pink sway because you're losing nutrients and such so make sure to get lots of the food stuff!

Along with timing, for annoy really make sure you are getting a lot of nutrients and vitamins. As I will be pink swaying again I've been reading that dieting and losing weight is a HUGE pink sway because you're losing nutrients and such so make sure to get lots of the food stuff!

That's what I was doing with my 2nd daughter unintentionally .. didn't know about all the diet stuff with swaying then lol . & my first I was young and diet was bad and i didn't eat as often as I should have and when I did it wasnt healthy ! Good luck to you :)

Yes three times for us! Two girls (well on the way still) and a boy. We were definitely not trying to sway at all but retrospectively the settles method definitely fits our 3.

No, but then again I believe more in the explanation from "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" that says it's actually the other way around (more girls are conceived close to O)

I believe the information I gave was helpful. I wouldn't have given it otherwise. Fair enough it's your life and your baby, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I had some excellent advice which resulted in my little girl and that's all I'm going to say on that.

Or it could have just been the natural 50% chance you had of getting a girl :shrug:

We swayed with Shettles both times and got what we wanted each time, so it definitely seems like it's worth trying!

It worked out this way for us with both our daughter & future son, but we didn't do it deliberately. A lot of my friends had boys the second time around, which I think is cos they had less time to dtd so did it just at at O time.

I didn't vote because we weren't trying for either gender... But we had sex only once, on the day of ovulation, and we're having a girl. I didn't plan it that way. I was actually pretty nervous about having a boy since I've been a girl mom for so long, so it was a relief to find out that Shettles didn't work out in our case. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->