Did the shettles method work for you ? POLL

I didn't vote because we weren't trying for either gender... But we had sex only once, on the day of ovulation, and we're having a girl. I didn't plan it that way. I was actually pretty nervous about having a boy since I've been a girl mom for so long, so it was a relief to find out that Shettles didn't work out in our case. :)

Congrats to you :)

We didn't try the Shettles Method. I actually didn't even know what that was until recently. But we dtd on 2 days leading up to O and on O day, and we're having a boy.

We are currently pregnant with #3 and were a bit hoping for a baby girl this time. We dtd 5-6 days before ovulation and found out today we are having another boy. So in out case it didn't work...but that doesn't mean its not worth trying!! :thumbup:

We are currently pregnant with #3 and were a bit hoping for a baby girl this time. We dtd 5-6 days before ovulation and found out today we are having another boy. So in out case it didn't work...but that doesn't mean its not worth trying!! :thumbup:
Thank you ! I actually got my bfp a week ago but we did not do shettles after all ! After checking out the gender dreaming website I learned how unreliable shettles is and they give all kinds of proven methods . They don't know why these certain things work but statistics show evidence . It's an awesome forum community like this one with coaches to help you if you are trying to sway :) nothing's guaranteed but it's worth a shot ! Hoping the things I did worked but we will be happy as well with another little girl ! :) congrats to you also on your little boy! :) if you plan to have another I suggest checking that site out if it's something that interests you :)

Thanks and congrats on your BFP! We are done at 3 - but I will pass on the info to any TTC friends!

Dd was 5and 7 days before O and it worked, but I was reading I think ingender about how shettles was wrong. Basically he had no way to know which sperm were x and which were y and they were actually just in different stages. Which makes complete sense. Doctors nowadays can't even tell which are x and y by looking at them. They have to do testing that wasn't available back then. So when we start ttc in January we won't be doing shettles again. Even though the first time was unintentional as I O'ed really late. I'm doing really well with my girly diet and supplements which I think has a bigger impact.

Update: We ended up finding out gender and The Shettles Method WORKED for the 5th time!!! woohooo! we're having a little girl <3

We weren't trying to sway but dtd the day of O and havr a boy cooking away.

We have 2 boys and was planning to try the shettles method but we ended up dtd the night before ovulation so was convinced we would be having another boy but our 20week scan said girl, don't think I'll fully believe it till she is here tho lol

We weren't really trying for one or the other, but it just so happened that we only dtd one time that month, right on ovulation (tracked with an opk) and this one is a boy. With my daughter, I wasn't tracking at all.

I am *not* trying to be a negative Nancy here, I'm genuinely curious because I don't know a lot about the shettles method:

Sperm is the one that determines sex, by carrying either the X or Y chromosome... So why would timing of dtd around ovulation make any difference?

(Again... genuinely curious! I'd consider trying it the next time around if it were worth a shot ;) )

The theory is that male sperm move faster but female sperm live longer. So having sex close to the time of O makes it more likely that a faster moving male sperm makes it there first. Having sex a a couple of days before O makes it more likely that the slower but longer lived female sperm will be sitting ready for the egg to appear. There seem to be doubts about it actually working like that though.

We weren't swaying either way but based on the method we should have got a girl, but we definitely got a boy x

We weren't swaying but for what it's worth...

We dtd o-3, o-2 and o day. We are expecting a boy.

I was reading an article once - it was a while ago and I can't remember the name of the website - but it was interesting because it talked about gender swaying. Apparently everyone has cycles where they are more likely to conceive boys and more likely to concieve girls based on BBT. The higher your BBT the more chance you have to get a girl fetus. The lower your BBT the higher chance of you to get a boy fetus. It didn't say what is considered "high" or "low" but what is normal for YOU. This would involve tracking your cycles for a few months to get an idea of what your temps look like. According to the article, it doesn't really matter if you use Shettles Method or not, if you happen to conceive on a "girly" cycle with high BBTs then you will get a girl even if you're swaying for a boy. There are ways to change your BBT through diet and this can help achieve your ultimate goal, which is why the boy or girl diet is highly recommended to be used with the Shettles Method. Just a little FYI I thought I'd share :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->