Did this happen to anyone else when their LO was born

bluebaby

Wife & mum to a princess
Reaction score
I was watching one born every minute the other night and it got me thinking about the birth again.

When I had just had Madi and I told the midwife I was going to formula feed she told me that a midwife had to do the first feed. At the time I thought nothing of it but when I look back now i think why? :shrug: I should have been able to do the first feed, kinda annoyed about it now.

Anyone else have this?

I was planning to BF but I didnt have any milk. When they finally agreed to give Omar formula after 20 hrs the MW fed him using a syringe & she didnt let me do it. I didnt think about it as I only wanted him to take something into his tummy as he was jaundiced.

When I had LO they just asked before the birth if you wanted to BF or FF. Then they just bought you formula if you said FF (with much disdain I might add!). I saw others ladies on the ward get formula like this as I was intending to BF at the time. Then they left you to it after the birth. So it was definitely the parents who did the first feed. Why would a midwife have to do it unless it needed to be done quickly for a medical reason? Only thing I can think of is to check that the baby is feeding Ok I suppose.

Same as above I was trying to breast feed so didnt get any formula, but I saw other ladies come in who ff and I didnt see a mw once do a feed, it was the mums that did it from the very first.

I fed jess but she was such a fussy thing they did end up doing it alot of the time but the certainly didn't interfer

I was not even ask. The midwife just pressed LO head on my nipples after he came out. I wanted to BF so it didnt even occur to me. but now that you mention it. I was only asked what kind of pain relief I was planning.

I fed Ryan for the first time they asked me how I was feeding and I said formula and they got me the bottle etc and left me to it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->