did you have a clinger? and how did you stop it, video enclosed :)

helen1234

Reaction score
not all the time but its increasing over the past few weeks, all rhys wants to do is sit on my lap, which is fine until i put him down and then he starts climbing my legs with a whine that tests the patience of a saint, he has lots of toys and plays for 2 mins max unless i'm on the floor but even then he just whinges over me.
i don't know if its tiredness but he sleeps 7pm till 9ish one wake in the nite. wether its teeth his front top to are pretty low, or if this is a normal stage.?

what do i do ignore him let him whinge, pick him up and pander to his whine. i literally spend all day on the floor which is fine but i'm sure other mothers dont continually get malled over all day like me lol.
he cant crawl bless him but he can commando crawl really well, do you think its frustration :shrug:he 11 months now.

i dont usually plonk him down and walk off it was just to give you an idea on the video what he does. its the whining that gets me :nope: it so monotonous... he whinged a bit at the end cos he thought i was putting him down again lol

https://vid458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/th_111-1.jpg

Im not sure, Charlotte's not bothered in the slightest even when we leave her at nursery :rofl:

It's probably just a stage, I kind of remeber Chloe screaming every time I left the room but it went within a few weeks. He is a gorgeous little boy! x

thanks i'm sure it probaly is a stage but its increasing, he's always been so good playing on his own, he's still cute when e's whining but boy the noise drives me insane lol. he just wants cuddles all the time.

Thomas went throught his stage before he could walk. Even still now, if he wants to be picked up, he goes mad if you put him down even though he can follow you. I think it is just good old separation anxiety. Will eventually go, but just have to deal with it (I know it is very draining though!).

My boy has always been a clinger and to be honest I would have it any other way. I'm so used to him being everywhere that I am that when he visits his grandma for the afternoon I feel lost!

she never used to be a clinger but now she is only seems to be when im busy with tea or the washing anything where im not attending to her and she gets clingy lol its very annoying sometimes when im trying to make tea cause its a danger to her

Aww bless him, Rosie is the same. Can he pull himself up on sofa yet? Rosie is a bit better now she can x

Layla is exactly the same! I hope it is just a phase... Its lovely having cuddles, but everything else seems to be on hold at the mo lol! Could be the teeth though as she was like this as she cut her 1st and then she was ok again.. now I think no.2 is on the way as she's being like this again.. Maybe if his top teeth are coming that could be the reason. Fingers crossed xxx

Aww bless him, Rosie is the same. Can he pull himself up on sofa yet? Rosie is a bit better now she can x

no he cant climb yet, he gets up on his knees but belly flops down and commando crawls about lol.

my Rosie was walking by this age but he's way off yet

My Rosie has just learnt to get round the furnature,thought it was never going to happen, its unreal how fast its all happened in a week lol, now I have to have 10 sets of eyes to watch Jack does not knock her over or pull her down :lol: but she is alot better now she can get about more. It wont be for long hun but I know what its like :hugs: x

that describes Hannah to a "T" at that age (though she could crawl). I sat on the floor all day with her and if I dared move to go do something she'd crawl over and cling to my legs :haha: She's getting better now and more independent each day so it does get better.

Kaitlynn has been like this for a few months now. Whenever I put her down she crawls right back to me and when I pick her up she has a big smile on her face! The worst bit is when I'm trying to get her food ready and she's pulling at my legs whining. It is just seperation anxiety and I know all babies go through this but for how long i'm not sure!!

I would say if he's just recently started it's probably a stage. This is Casen's personality though. He was JUST like that at his age but also from birth. I couldn't let anyone else hold him unless he was in a GREAT mood daddy could for a little bit until he got upset. As soon as he could get around, he crawled just like that :) he followed me everywhere whining, exactly like him :( My mom use to watch me clean the kitchen and told me she was amazed at how I could get anything done because I was literally hopping over him following me around like that whining and talking to him to keep him happy. If I stood in front of the sink too long he would get on my feet, wrapped around me legs just laying on me...like a cat or something lol. I wish I had my babyhawk with him because with Hayden when he went through his short stage like that I just threw him in it on my back and got stuff done. Made life so much easier. With Hayden though it passed. Casen it got better but he's still def a mommy's boy and can be really clingy

Kaya went through this stage and it drove me mad! For the most part I did pander to it as I felt she was starting to realise that she was a separate person from me and it was a bit scary. Now she's so secure that she doesn't give a monkeys if I leave her, I think some of that must be because I didn't push her when she was feeling insecure.

summer has always been quite clingy and wouldnt be left in a room on her own.
so what i did was......
put her down in a room with her toys tell her i will be back in a minute leave the room, to start with only for like a matter of seconds then went back into her reasurred her and praised her so she knew i was coming back. i started doing this regularly in between playing with her and although i didnt get instant results she did eventually learn that when i left i was always going to come back and slowly built the time up to a few minutes etc

Maley went through a phase of this only she was walking and would literally wrap herself around my legs! Now when she whines to be picked up i just lean down and cuddle her instead and she seems happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->