Did you know it was twins before your scan?

LizzB

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm just about 7 weeks and will be having my first scan next week at my clinic, we've had IVF with 2 embies put back in.

Has anyone out there experienced any specific symptoms and then found out it's twins?

I'm weeing for england, very hungry, quite dizzy when i get up in the morning and of course, tired all the time.

I would love it to be two and it feels kind of right, but would love to hear from anyone who has been through this.:thumbup:

Thanks,
Liz

I'll be watching this one with interested. Good luck at your scan!x

no specific symptoms with me.

I was tireder than i have been with my previous pregnancies, and less sick, oddly enough. i also grew much quicker, but then its my third pregnancy so may have more to do with that. although i look obviously pregnant now and im only 13 weeks.

I'm also interested to hear replies to this question! I have noreason to suspect I might be having twins but I keep thinking and feeling there might be two. I would beso excited if this was the case. Can't wait for my first scan to find out.

i'll 4th that, i also think theres to in here, got my can in 13 days lol
cant wait this is my first pregnancy and im growing quickly also, been very tired but not so sick also
cant wait
stalking this post!!

My babies are icsi twins and I felt that the symptoms were just extremes of things you could possibly feel to the point I thought it was all in my head. The lady doing my scan explained afterwards that was why, my hubby knew I was pregnant before I even tested despite my negativity and then he was right there was two! Mainly though I felt tired, hungry a lot, nausea a lot, sore & large boobs-still going on now, implant bleed, lots of pains/cramping I thought it was ectopic and mood swings! Good luck x

I'll 5th that then lol I also just have a feeling. So far just really tired, very wild dreams to point im shouting out in my dreams, my chest is HUGE and very full/heavy feeling and no sickness (was sick as a pig by now with my 1st) also I initially thought I was a few weeks ahead as feel and look bigger for only 5 weeks but last few days had that 'what if'............ feeling. Cant wait for scan now hehe xx

I really hope it's twins.

I'm hoping I'm having twins too. I'd love more then one child but I've found pregnancy so difficult I'm not sure I want to go through it again! Two at once would be the ideal solution.

Haha, i love this! I think the exact same thing but i felt silly for mentioning it before now!

I was temping while TTC and in my luteal phase i had a big implantation dip, then it shot back up then it dipped again the next day, and then shot back up. Both of these dips were below coverline. I was thinking 2 implantation dips, 2 babies??

I then got my BFP quite early, i know its not that unusual but i started thinking my levels could be higher if there were 2 babies??

Also, my mum and DH's mum were both twins and i always had a "feeling" i would have them!!

The only symptoms i have are really heavy, huge, tender boobs. I heard your symptoms are meant to be twice as bad with twins so that bit doesn't add up!!

I'll just wait and see on my scan, hopefully in 5 weeks!! It seems ages!!

nope I had no idea it was twins before my 8 week scan totally gob smacked at the time

Just found out Tuesday I'm having twins! Ive had a family member who has just had a little girl and we have felt the same at same stages of pregnancy!

Good luck with the scan! I hope there is 2 in there waiting for you :D :D

I will be stalking this page. I had a IUI with 3 good eggs. I am just 5w 4d and having a lot of symptoms. My u/s is next friday. We shall see :)

We have been trying so long, I hope it is more than 1. I could be done :) :)

I love this thread!

I've had a feeling I may be having twins. I'm having a clomid bean so my chances are already considerably higher. But I've been sooooo tired, I'd even say exhausted. I've been sleeping for 3 hours every afternoon as well as my usual 10 hours at night. I've not yet been sick, but right from implantation I've felt sick all day every day.

It's hard to explain bit I just have a feeling. With ds I just knew I was having a boy

Good luck ladies xxx

Just found out Tuesday I'm having twins! Ive had a family member who has just had a little girl and we have felt the same at same stages of pregnancy!

Good luck with the scan! I hope there is 2 in there waiting for you :D :D

aww congrats thats so cool.how were you feeling??
may i ask why you had a scan at 8 weeks?? good old uk first scan at 12 weeks, i have 11 days to wait. the way im showing for my first id be worried if i was not two!!
mothers intu isnt it

I have the feeling too. I DID have a twin ectopic so that and my age 36, increases my chances. I tested before AF was due with a FRER in the afternoon and got a BFP DARK before the pee hit the control line, it took under 20 seconds. dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, mood swings, thirsty, hormonal headaches, sinuses are NUTS. I can smell like a hound dog, really boated, everythign feels pretty much the same except really sore boobs last time and of course minus the pain of last time. I'm sure I will know soon enough.

Ha ha I sort of wonder if I'm having twins, but I wondered that last pregnancy and it was only one, so this time I am hesitant to trust my mommy instinct:haha:

Possible reasons I could have twins (besides gut feeling): my mom had fraternal twins (at my age exactly actually - 26), my nausea started at 3dpo (seriously...I was certain I was pregnant after a couple days of it) and got my bfp at 9dpo. My tummy is also growing fast (although that is to be expected with pregnancy #2) and I'm in maternity jeans at 5 weeks!

I have a scan June 30 (dating scan because of the early nausea and early bfp even though I told my doctor I was sure about my dates).

I will try to remember to update this thread then:flower:

Hi Ladies,

I was right! It's twins! I can't tell you how I knew, I just did!

I had my 7 week 4 day scan today (early as they are IVF beans), we could see their little heatbeats flickering, it was incredible.

I have been dizzy and lightheaded, hungry, tired and weeing all the time - but no sickness. Oh and sniffley, had a bit of a cold too.
But all these have been fine to manage, so nothing too drastic.

I'm so excited i'm grinning like a moron in the office and no one knows!!

Liz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"