Did you needed a section because baby was breech

Oh that's exciting! Right around Christmas and new years. Do you have a name?

Btw, is it journal to feel like you can't pee at first? It took me awhile to concentrate on releasing my urine. Is like...extra brain power lol. I have passed gas but not nearly enough. But they give me med for that. I got to get up this AM. Oh my goodness, it was hard to go from the sitting position to standing. But since then, I've been walking, very slowly around my room only. My skin all over, especially my tummy is so itchy! Is THIS normal?

lol yes, both were normal for me. It's hard to get used to not having the catheter in there (of course it's hard getting used to it being there in the first place and then you get used to it!).
You'll be back to normal in no time and the itch will stop eventually. :hugs:

Don't skimp on the tylenol/advil combo! I thought I'd be fine without it after a day or two.. big mistake. It took me a while to figure out the reason I was hurting so much was because I decided to not take it. :\

How are you feeling otherwise? How's that beautiful baby? Any pictures? :D

At 39 weeks when I went in for my last doctors visit with my obgyn when they done my ultrasound they found that my son was breech. They scheduled for me to come in that friday morning to see if they could turn him theirselves to see if they could get him in the right position but they weren't able to. So they had to do an emcs. It only took about 35 mins and I was in recovery for an hour. My sons butt was lodged down in my pelvis and he was stuck. I remember when they pulled him out you could hear the suction sound when they got his butt free lol.

Ok so my particular situation is probably a little different, I had too much amniotic fluid( I forget the conditions name) so at 38 weeks we discovered my DD was breech. Went for a checkup, and she was head down again. Ha another appointment a week later, and they discovered she was breech, again! Was booked into for and external version, but they did an u/a to double check she was still breech. She was back to being head down!!!! Grrr. So cancelled the external version, but they booked me in for an induction in hopes that once my water was broke and she was hea down then she would stay tht way! Well... She WAS head down, and 5 hrs into labour she flipped transverse:( all because I had TOO much amniotic fluid. I ended up with a vertical csection:( which means I can't ever attempt a vbac. I am just happy my daughter arrived safely. With regards to low lying placenta I had that with both my other children, one was a regular birth, and ten my other was the csection. But it had no correlation to the placenta, the placenta moved up eah time for me.

I personally think that delivering a breech baby vaginally is more riskier than a section.

I had a elective section with my third because he was breech for a long time and never turned. no way would I attempt a vaginal birth with a breech baby. even more so because he was big baby.

Jen - lo just kept flipping around huh. Inn the end, it's all about the safe arrival of baby rather than how you birthed. But def sounds like your lo had fun in there.

Iveneverseen - and that makes me wonder how people birthed breech babies way back in the day.

So I'm 35 weeks and footling breach - waiting to hear of a date for my ecv then if that doesn't work a section :-(

Mrs Doddy - I hope the ecv works for your lo! My lo turned 75% of the way and turned back to breech as soon as the dr let go. Such a weird feeling too.

My son was breech but I found out at 37 weeks (after having him do some uncomfortable movements) that he had flipped back to normal.

Hopefully the turn works or that he at least turns before a section!

My baby was head down but turned during labour. She became transverse and stuck a foot out of my cervix so had to be rushed for emcs. My placenta had been high from the start.

This with DS minus the foot and placenta part.. They tried turning him, but he wasnt budging (the stubborn little booger had been head down for most of the pregnancy then decided to try to turn back around at 5 cm dilated). Anyway, after 20 mins of me crying and him not moving they rushed me for an EMCS...only to have had him trun back around by the time I'd already been prepped to get numb :dohh::haha:

Went for an ecv today and it didn't work so booked in for a c section now - 2 days before due date !

Felicia - lol, playing games from the start.

Mrs. Doddy - I'm so sorry it didn't work. Hopefully your lo decides to turn heads down before your c/s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->