Did you needed a section because baby was breech

Oh you had a breech birth? How long were you in labor for it?

No sorry I didn't. I was saying if the baby was in the right position I'm sure it would be a possiblity. My daughter on the other hand was stuck and wouldn't have been able to come out on her own at all. I had a scheduled c-section. I've never gotten to experience labor unfortunately.

Oooh I see, sorry. I read it wrong. Eh...I'm kinda like, if it doesn't work, a section is just another way. Yeah....I'm scared of the painful recovery but having baby in my arm is all that matters. I'm really really tired of being pregnant with horrendous pelvic pain. Just want him out.

Good luck, I hope he turns for you :)

And just in case he doesn't turn the recovery from a c-section isn't that bad and that's coming from the world's biggest wuss lol

Glad I could help :hugs: Hopefully you don't need to worry about it though!

I just found out my guy is breech also. We had been scheduled for induction on the 17th, but they cancelled it. I go today to discuss other options. I'm sure they'll offer ecv, but I'm kind of nervous about it. I really don't want an emcs, I know it's not a given or anything, but I'm also 38 wks tomorrow, which seems late to try the version. Ugh. I guess I'll see what the doc says this afternoon.

Butter - aww sorry to hear that. I've heard of the ecv working even at 38 weeks and even during early labor! But entirely your decision. Whatever you decide, hope baby comes out nice and healthy.

Well,, ladies....9 AM is when I get checked in at L&D to get the ecv done. I've bn mentally prepared for it but sitting here typing, I'm a little nervous now lol. Here's to my boy turning! I'll update you ladies later!

Good luck Alchemist, I really hope he turns for you! :hugs:

The version was not successful and each time, lo was close to heads down but he would quickly roll back to breech, in the same position facing the same way. I think he just likes it that way and sooooo....my section date is set for the 18th.

I'm sorry Alchemist :hugs: Will they try again before the c-section?

If you have any questions or anything about csections feel free to ask, I've only had the one (so far) but it wasn't that bad. Of course it's no vaginal birth (not that I would know first hand) so I know how disappointing it is with needing a c-section.
:hugs:

Thank you! I do have q but atm I'm so tired, I forgot what lol. I'll be sure to ask you once I remember. I know i have a few. Are you trying for a vbac this time?

Ask away when you remember :)

And I'm torn, it's my last chance for a vaginal birth and I would love one but it's the worst time of year to have one where I am. It's a 2-2.5 hour drive to the hospital over a mountain pass and bad roads. I'm struggling with it and haven't come to a decision. If he doesn't turn then I will have another c-section. I have a feeling he won't turn anyhow and I won't need to worry about it.

Wow so far away! I hope your baby turns. Who knows...I still hope mine will, our babies might just surprise us lol. If not, then I'm well prepared mentally for the section and you've been through it so you know what to expect.

Ok my first q....my hospital already supplies many pp items like maternity pads and stuff, diapers for baby and whatnot. Since the stay in is longer for c/s, what else should I take? I already thought of phone charger and my post partum belly wrap thingy. That's all I can think of lol.

I had to ask my hubby to bring in a few more clothes for baby and a few more wraps to wrap her up. I think that might have been because i forgot how to put on newborn nappies properly and they kept leaking initially :blush: I also had some make up and my hair straighteners for when visitors came, breast pads, and a laptop which gave me something to do while I was stuck in bed. I didnt put my wrap on until I got out of hospital on day 6 but i could probably have put it on around day 3 or 4 once I wasnt so sore. If i think of anything else i'll add it on!

They might surprise us, it could definitely happen!

I'd take a housecoat, some slippers and a book. Baby won't always be awake and it'll give you something to do. I also took bath items (shampoo/soap ect) because I wasn't waiting until I got home to shower.
I'd pack some extra clothes for the baby as well :)
If I can think of anything else I'll let you know, I have a list of what I'm taking with me (regardless of whether I have a c-section or not) but I'll have to wait to post it since it's on my other computer.

I had to ask my hubby to bring in a few more clothes for baby and a few more wraps to wrap her up. I think that might have been because i forgot how to put on newborn nappies properly and they kept leaking initially :blush: I also had some make up and my hair straighteners for when visitors came, breast pads, and a laptop which gave me something to do while I was stuck in bed. I didnt put my wrap on until I got out of hospital on day 6 but i could probably have put it on around day 3 or 4 once I wasnt so sore. If i think of anything else i'll add it on!

Oo! Makeup...okay I gotta add that in there. Omg, I forgot to buy breast pads! I really need to make a list of this. Thank you, steph!

Do they give you something to cover the incision site for when you shower? I mean...5 days being hospitalized, that can make you stink lol.

Try rocking - okay, no rush. I'll be waiting for the list. I am clueless. Last time, I didn't even pack anything except snacks and food as I'd thought I'd be starving while laboring hah!

They didn't give me anything to cover up, and it's staples. I was really weirded out by them but it was fine. Even coming out they felt weird and it hurt a bit but not a lot. Oh, I wouldn't let them take out your staples too early. They took mine out on day 4 and my incision started coming apart that night after coming home. The doctor at the hospital (when I went in because of it) said they should have waited 5-6 days, 4 was too early. I have healed up nicely regardless though.

It'll probably be later tonight, I'm just making dinner now. Snacks and drinks are good and bring a marker to label things as yours.

Ok I snuck into the office quickly

Hospital Bag

Toothbrush/toothpaste
Hairbrush
Shampoo
Conditioner
Soap
Deoderant
Q-tips

Pajamas
Nursing tops
Underwear
Socks
Shirts
Pants
Housecoat
Slippers

Breastfeeding Pillow
Breast pump
Nursing pads

Tablet + Charger
Iphone + Charger
Camera + Charger

Baby

Baby Blanket
Onesies/sleepers
Pants
Coming home outfit
Socks
Hat
Mittens

Diapers
Wipes
Vaseline
Nipple Cream

That's my list. I do take my own diapers/wipes because I prefer mine and I'm taking my own breast pump because last time they didn't offer me one and I seriously could have used one so this time I'm not waiting, I'll bring my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->