Did you needed a section because baby was breech

With me they didnt use staples, they used internal stitches which dissolve by themselves (you cant see them from the outside) and a really sticky clear tape covering the wound. Probably depends on where you are in the world i guess. I was able to have a shower as soon as they took my catheter out 12 hours after section. I took the clear tape off on day 10.

Steph that sounds way nicer than staples! I wish they had used those instead. They did have my staples covered up by a bandage which they replaced everyday. I was able to shower as soon I showed them I could walk for a bit I believe. I either showered the night of my c-section or the next morning, I can't remember.

Staples?! Oh that just sounds bizarre to do...I'm thinking negative though. I know it's either that or internal stitches. I wonder why one dr would choose one over the other.

Maybe personal preference? I don't know :shrug: They felt weird coming out but it wasn't too bad.

The actual worst part of the whole c-section for me was having the cathater put in. I found out afterwards that they could have put it in after I had the epidural (which was fine) so I wouldn't feel it. I'm angry about that now because for me that had to have been some of the worst pain I've ever been in. If I do have another c-section this time I'll be requesting they put it in after. I don't want to have to go through that again.

Oh nooo...I forgot about the catheter! I have only put catheters IN others (my patients...not just random people lol). Yikes...think I'm going to request that to be put in after the epi too, thanks for mentioning that. I'm learning lots from you ladies.

lol I'm glad you put them in patients and not just random people lol

Yes i had an elective section because my youngest was breech.
I did not want to try turning as i did not want to take the risks involved mainly. but also because i herd it doesn't always work, it can be painfull, put baby in distress ect, he was a big baby and also my other two children before him were back to back and never turned.

I had an emcs due to undetected footling breech position but if it were to happen again which is likely for me then I would pick an elc over an ecv.

How long does it take for them to take baby out after the surgeon cuts through?

How long does the whole operation take, actually? Upon entering the OR forwards getting wheeled off to recovery?

I was told 20-30 minutes for everything. Mine took longer because she was stuck so after they took her out (which took a while in itself) there was still another 1.5 hours being taken care of and then another 30 minutes in recovery.
A normal one should be fairly quick though. :hugs: Hopefully yours goes smoothly!

I was told 20-30 minutes for everything. Mine took longer because she was stuck so after they took her out (which took a while in itself) there was still another 1.5 hours being taken care of and then another 30 minutes in recovery.
A normal one should be fairly quick though. :hugs: Hopefully yours goes smoothly!

Oh no...how was she stuck? Gosh I had no idea they could be even by c/s. I pictured the dr just kinda pulling baby out.

What about the placenta? Is that delivered via c/s? Do they....yank it on it or how do they get it out? Same way? Sigh...why us it I picture a c/s as creepy lol.

lol it's not creepy, it is a bit weird to feel yourself being moved around and stuff without totally feeling it you know? Your OH will get to be there once they put the epidural in and then you'll have him for support.

Her legs were up, so almost as if she were sitting on the floor and leaning over her legs, so it was a bit tense in there as they worked to get her out. Apparently there was a moment or two where they all held their breath. Glad I wasn't aware of it at the time!

They deliver everything at once so once the baby and stuff is out they stitch/staple you up and move you on to recovery.
I have decided this round to go for another c-section and I'm not worried, at least I know what to expect. I just hope he isn't stuck like his sister was!

You're so helpful, tyvm! Yeah I hope your little man will be in a position that makes him easier to come out.

Sorry one more q (I'm always thinking!): how soon does that epidural start working? Were you numb waist down to feet or was it just at that area where they need to work on?

Glad I could help! It's not as scary once you know what to expect. :)

The epidural starts working fairly quickly, I had time to lay down on the bed and get into position as it started to work. And I think it was right up my chest.
The anaesthesiologist I had was awesome and I'm hoping I can request him again lol

I had one because I only got to 7cm and babys heartbeat was droppin the cord was round her neck lad I had one becaues the cord was round her shoulders and her neck and she came out holding on to it x x

Ohh good luck! Update us afterwards!

I'm sure you've had him by now! Congratulations on your baby boy hon! :hugs:

Yes, he's been here since 2:20pm Pacific time. It really wasn't even that bad. The only thing I can say that was bad was when the spinal went in and morphine injected. It stung. But the experience was excellent and my dr was really good and reassuring. I love the nurses here in l&d, recovery, and post partum. Can't wait to go home now though lol, where I can freely enjoy my boy. Thank you all for the support and advice, esp try rocking :flower:

I'm so happy for you hon! :hugs: I'm glad it wasn't a bad experience! Hopefully they'll let you go home sooner rather than later.

I've booked mine, December 27th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->