• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you switch to cows milk at exactly a year old?

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Katie is 11 months and nearly a week and I think I'll make the change in the week before her birthday.

What did you mums do?

I changed at a year , might of been at 11 months as carly stopped drinking powderd milk at 10 months she just would push it away and never take it even in her ceral she hated the taste :shrug: so i had no choice but it didnt do her any harm

I think I'll make the change before her birthday, only a week so it wont matter. Katie loves the taste of it as well plus Aptamil is getting expensive :dohh:

I did it all at once and it was the worst mistake i made as he was vominting in his 1st birthday:cry:. I would def advise to do it gradually

I agree do it gradually....imagine if you went from milk straight to soy milk? You'd notice the difference for sure!

Thanks all :kiss:

I am going to do it gradually on the week before her birthday. I will introduce 1 cows milk feed a day then 2 and then finally 3. I hope its ok....I can finally say goodbye to the steriliser and making bottles :happydance:

i changed Ewan at about 10 and half months as the SMA progress ran out! he was fine.

thats good to know hypnorm :) She loves the taste of the cows milk and is getting increasingly frustrated at the taste of the formula :sick: I cant say I blame her either :lol:

Interesting question

My Caitlins is getting worse with her milk!!!

I'm starting today, on our last box of formula so I'm going to start him on one bottle of full fat and gradually build it up until the formulas gone!! He already has it on his cereal so I'm hoping he'll be ok.

I have bought my last £8 box of Aptamil :happydance:

Wobbles I honestly think it could be Caitlin tiring of the formula, Katie actually retches when she first tastes it now :roll:

Boo Boots didn't sell it! Everything but Hipp!! :(

Shes going that way Mamafy ...HV is gonna have to listen and make suggestions rather than forcing her I say ;) Hi btw :lol: not spoke in ages such a tiring week.

Adam has 3 bottles of fomula a day but full fat cows milk on his breaskfast. As soon as he is a year old i will switch to full fat cows milk, I did the same with my others (apart from Ethan, had a milk allergy) and they were all fine with it.

x

Hi... i tried to change my 2year old to cows milk just after his 1st birthday and he was having none of it... he hates it, will have it on ceral and thats it, i have to buy him the wee bottles of cow and gate growing up milk, its still the only milk he will drink :dohh:

Hi btw :lol: not spoke in ages such a tiring week.

:wave: hiya babe, baby growing is hard work:baby::sleep:

I've been (seeing to) with my oh all weekend, he was home for 4 days:muaha::rofl:

xx

We did it a week or so before her 1st birthday I think, she was fine!

Switched my daughter to cow's milk soon after she was a year old and was dreading it as she seemed so fussy what she ate and drunk but she took to it no problem. I was so relieved. The only strange thing is - she totally refuses to drink milk from Sainsburys!! I know it sounds strange but she won't touch it. There must be something different as it was the same for several containers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->