Did your babies poop change with weaning?

Yes - all three! Just you wait til you start getting whole peas and raisins coming through :sick:

All 3! He used to go every 4th day, now it's once or twice a day and it's much more solid and much darker X

yep lol from BF poo that washed off the nappies i have soft lumps of darker poo now that i use a liner to catch

Oh thank goodness for that! I was getting a bit worried that her bowels weren't coping with the change. She's gone from yellow runny poop to dark (almost green) with dough-like long lumps (sorry for the description!) - a complete change to before.

My LO had a few problems before, so she had a variation in colour etc. She would have colours from light chicken korma, to murky green, and consistency from peanut butter to diorrhoea.

Now she's weaning, and on prescription formula, her poohs are lighter, but still murky green, and really dry and sticky; sort of like you would expect if you knew they'd pooped, and then left them in it for about 5 hours. At first I thought she must have done it overnight and not cried for a nappy change, but it's every pooh, and even 10 mins after I hear her pushing it out. It's pretty gross.

I'm not sure though, if it's the weaning that's caused it, or the formula, or both. So far in her weaning she's had carrot, banana and porridge :shrug:

Sweet corn, tomatoes, & today rassberries in his poo. Consistency & color changes according to what he's eating. & it's much more smelly (Yuk!)

Just when you were used to dirty diapers you start to wean and it all changes. It is so much smellier, more frequent, and harder. I was worried that I wasn't giving enough liquids, but I think it's just the food. It's also fun to be able to identify what they have eaten hours later. I thought about going back to a liquid only diet until she is potty trained, but I suppose that is a bad idea :haha:.

all 3!!! it STINKS!!!

Ive come on here again for this very reason! My lo's poop has turned a very watery green and stinks to the high heavens! Was starting to get worried..

My LO had a few problems before, so she had a variation in colour etc. She would have colours from light chicken korma, to murky green, and consistency from peanut butter to diorrhoea.

Now she's weaning, and on prescription formula, her poohs are lighter, but still murky green, and really dry and sticky; sort of like you would expect if you knew they'd pooped, and then left them in it for about 5 hours. At first I thought she must have done it overnight and not cried for a nappy change, but it's every pooh, and even 10 mins after I hear her pushing it out. It's pretty gross.

I'm not sure though, if it's the weaning that's caused it, or the formula, or both. So far in her weaning she's had carrot, banana and porridge :shrug:

Banana, carrot, and apple as well can all be binding. try adding in fruits like pear, prunes/plum, or peaches which all help keep things moving along!

There's a few of us noticed this and have become worried then! No one ever tells you to expect this with weaning :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->