Did your baby gain more weight up front?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My boy was born 6 pounds 13.5 oz, stayed teeny for a month, then overnight right at one month he outgrew his newborn clothes and diapers, spent 2 weeks in 0-3 before outgrew that and size 1 diapers only fit for a week and a half.
NOW at almost 2 months my big guy is wearing 3-6 months and almost too long for size 2 diapers!
He's almost as big as his 5 month old ff cousin..did you LO grow this fast? Did they eventually slow down?

My lo was born 8lb2oz, but he dropped down to 7lb8oz and his weight was at a standstill for two weeks. Then he jumped up to 8lb6oz in a week. At 8 weeks he was 11lb11oz. He's in 3 month clothes, most of his clothes are from Carter's if that makes a difference. Although he's getting quite long, so figure he will be out of the 3 month onesie's within a few weeks. But the shorts/tshirts should fit for a while still. We cloth diaper, but do use disposables when traveling to my inlaws, and he's in a size one and they are still pretty big on him.
He still looks pretty small to me, although I can obviously see he's growing. But he still looks like a newborn to me.

I can definitely tell mines not.
Pic on left is at 6 weeks, on right at 3 days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 13
My lo packed on the pounds until six months, then he pretty much stopped gaining weight for a while. That's typical for bf babies though. So yes, your lo will eventually slow his weight gain :)

Yes, my LO was nearly the same birthweight as yours (6 lbs, 14 oz) and she grew like a weed. She was gaining a pound a week in the early days and doubled her birthweight by 12 weeks. She has slowed down a bit now, but is around 23 pounds at 11.5 months. I've never had to wonder whether she was getting enough milk!

Devyn was only 5lb 7oz when he was born. He started really gaining around 2 or 3 weeks then went crazy! Doubled his birth weight before 2 months and kept gaining quite fast until around 4 months when he has finally slowed down. He weighs about 15 lbs now at almost 6 months :)

My lo regained birth weight by day 7, then put on a lb a week for 6 weeks, before slowing slightly.
Now he is 23m and only weighs 24lb.

Yes my LO grew extremely fast in the first 8 months. Born 7lbs 11oz and was 23lbs by 8 months. His growth slowed down once he started crawling and now he's around 26lbs at 19 months and still breastfed.

My eldest was born on the 9th centile and started to gain more weight when he started on solids. My youngest is 25th centile so not big either

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->