did your first sweep work with your 1st LO?

birdy

pregnant after loss
Reaction score
hey ladies :wave:
i was discussing with my midwife on friday about having a sweep when it's time, but i've been told it can be quite painfull and not always work, so i'm wondering is it actually worth having?
thank u xxx:thumbup:

I had a few, the first one and if I remember the second one didnt work but I didn't find them really "painful" more uncomfortable. Then I was being induced and the cervidil wasn't working so they did another "stretch" and that worked a little better but no, none of them put me into labor

Not for me either i had 2 and non of them helped they werent painful but uncomfortable but it works differently for different people u could the one it works for lol

With the first one nothing happened but with te second one it was really sore but the mw said if it's sore its working and sure enough I was in labour 24 hrs later xx

First sweep worked and I was in early labour 8 hours later. However I was 41+6 so the midwife could probably have tickled my cervix with a feather and I'd have gone into labour.

i had an attempted sweep but the cervix wasnt favorable.
I then had a proper sweep on the Thursday, started having mild contractions on the Friday. Waters went on the Saturday morning and i gave birth the Saturday night. I didnt find the sweep to painful TBH.
So mine did work but to be honest i dont think you will go into labour until your body is ready, sweep or no sweep. :shrug:

yes! i was 37+4 and my waters went 12hrs after the sweep

I had 2 and neither worked. Hope thing's work better for you though :D

I can't speak for myself as I didn't have one but my friend had 5 sweeps. Her LO came 3 days after her 5th sweep (at 11 days overdue) so in her case, they didn't work. I was offered a sweep if I'd gone 7 days overdue (as it happened LO came 4 days early) but I would have declined it I think - I'm a believer in letting baby come when he/she is ready.
xx

My first sweep didn't but my second sweep helped me dilate 1cm before my induction (which was the next day).

I had 2, they were not painful, just a little uncomfortable xx

I had two and neither of them worked. But for some people they do work! :)

My midwife attempted a sweep at 40+6 - I say attempted because she said my cervix was still too far back to properly sweep around it - but my LO was born the next day :flower:x x

I had a sweep at 40+6, didn't hurt felt a bit uncomfortable, but no more so than a smear really. Went into labour the following morning x

I had pains after, but it did nothing. A week later when they went to induce me due to high blood pressure, I was still only 1cm dilated (which is where I was when I got my sweep) and my cervix was still long.
So it did absolutely nothing for me.

I had my first on Monday, was 1cm. My second on Wednesday, was 3cm.
I had her on the friday. x

Get your midwife to check your favourable before doing it then if you are it won't hurt. My waters broke within 12 hours

mine didn't work, but I wouldn't say it hurt, it just feels a bit uncomfortable, but if you think of the pain that's coming next it's actually nothing!

no....I had 5......
two to start me off and broke my waters to a trickle with the contractions starting 5hrs later and then 3 when I got going - they thought they could feel bits of cervix still but it was MY WATERS! I told them only the trickly ones had gone not the gush.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->