Did your ob check your breasts?

Bunanie

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I was talking to my colleague and she told me her OB (an older male) checked her breasts and nipples in her prenatal visit at 10weeks!

I thought it's a bit weird... My ob is male too but he never checked. The midwives checked/looked briefly when I was breast feeding..

I am just wondering if it's common practice...

My OB (female) did a breast exam at my first appointment at 8 weeks.

I have never once had my breasts checked either during pregnancy or after delivery. I can't understand why they would need to check them unless there were any issues with them maybe she didn't mention? I'm in the UK so maybe it's different here?

I remember my gp doing this when I was pregnant with my first but never had it when any of my other pregnancies.
He is retired now but just wondering if he was a pervy old man???!!!

My OB (a woman) never checked my breast once (I'm in France)

It was done at my first appointment with both pregnancies, I'm in the US. It's standard when doing a pelvic exam, AFAIK.

My ob (a woman) did a breast exam towards the end of my last pregnancy since I was going to breast feed. Other than that time, I cave recall another time it was done.

Didn't get a breast exam with my son, haven't gotten one yet with this one, 18 weeks.

It's not something they do here in the UK.What is the purpose? Seems rather intrusive and unessisery.

Why only in pregnancy? There is a lot they do in the us they don't in the UK.

I've only had one appointment so far, but he didn't check mine. During my annual, he'll check them. To be honest, I was a little hesitant because as hard as he mashes and with the tender BB, I might have had to get peeled off the ceiling.

I am pretty sure in my PP i said standard for pelvic exams, pegnant or not, annual or every 3 yeas or whathave what have you.

The exam you have in pregnancy counts for your "annual" usually, unless you have just recently had one.

I am pretty sure in my PP i said standard for pelvic exams, pegnant or not, annual or every 3 yeas or whathave what have you.

The exam you have in pregnancy counts for your "annual" usually, unless you have just recently had one.

You get a smear test every 3 years but you don't get any other pelvic examination unless there is a problem, including in.pregnancy. Which tbh I'm pretty glad.

Yes, my OB did last time at the 8 week check (I was squirming as they hurt!) along with a pap then I changed my OB at 26 weeks and she checked them too. I got a double whammy!

You get a smear test every 3 years but you don't get any other pelvic examination unless there is a problem, including in.pregnancy. Which tbh I'm pretty glad.

Ah here it is pelvic exam, PAP, and breast exam, supposed to be every 3 years but that is the new guideline a lot of doctors still hold to the "annual" and most women know no different.

Ah here it is pelvic exam, PAP, and breast exam, supposed to be every 3 years but that is the new guideline a lot of doctors still hold to the "annual" and most women know no different.

Again here you don't get routine pelvic exams or breast exams. I had a smear a couple of months ago but last time I had a pelvic examination was when in labour with my second child 8 years ago. I never once was examined in my pregnancy with my youngest child as there was no reason and I had a C section.

It used to be routine in the udon'te by the gp when they first saw you. It's not just for lumps but to do with the nipples etc as well. I wish mine had been in my first pregnancy because they would have picked up my flat nipples (I just didn't think about it) and given me tips for bf rather than it being stressful after birth!

Here your lucky if you see a doctor. A lot of the time you don't see anyone till 8 weeks and it's a midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->