Did your ob check your breasts?

Mine did. I'm in US and he also did a pelvic exam first visit. I assumed it was normal/typical. Guess not though. Doesn't bother me as I've had 2 breast lumps removed and prefer to keep on top of things.

I had a breast exam at my first prenatal.

They checked mine, but they always check them at your pap here in Canada. Women are supposed to get their breasts checked at their yearly pap. I think it's important for your health so I wouldn't be concerned.

I have a female but she always does a breast exam with pelvic exams!

Thanks for the replies ladies. I guess it's not as uncommon as I thought.

Apparently he asked my colleague if she's going to breast feed then went on to check her boobs. It was awkward.

Here in Australia, they check our breasts 2/3 yearly with free mammograms and it's not done by the ob. And she has regular mammograms and no family history or concerns about breast cancer.

I guess it creeps me out a bit coz I recently read a story about a dermatologist in Sydney who molested patients under the disguise of a medical exam....

I had a breast exam preformed by my OB at my 8 week appointment and didn't think much of it.

I'm from the Midwest in the US and I'm used to it. I've had the same OBGYN for almost a decade and he's an older male. Nothing odd about it here, it's the normal for pap smears/annuals/first pregnancy visit and there is always a female nurse in the room while he's doing exams. Now had my Dr. made any lewd comments or was unprofessional about it I'd be concerned. (& if it's not the normal procedure where you live, then i would be off put as well.) I've always seen it as a good preventative measure against breast cancer/issues that could pop up.

Yes, at my very first prenatal appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->