didnt get to see my baby today-so depressed :(

C

chelseav1213

So OH and I are worried we might be sick so we didn't go see our LO today just to be on the safe side but I'm so depressed!! I miss him so much and I'm worried that he knows mommy and daddy didn't come today!! :( this is the first day we didn't go see him so its really really hard :(

Naw, what he knows is that Mommy and Daddy love him so much that they don't want to expose him to any germs. He appreciates that, because the sooner he is better the sooner he can come home!

Thank you :) I'm feeling better but OH isn't :( so I'm going to drop off my milk today and see him for a little but but since I'm.sure I'm.a carrier of whatever it is OH has I'm not sure if I should hold him or stay long? Maybe gonna ask the nurses up there and see what they think..

Thank you :) I'm feeling better but OH isn't :( so I'm going to drop off my milk today and see him for a little but but since I'm.sure I'm.a carrier of whatever it is OH has I'm not sure if I should hold him or stay long? Maybe gonna ask the nurses up there and see what they think..

Asking the nurses sounds like a good idea. I know you want to see LO (and that he wants to see you!) but keep in mind that if you are sick, aerosolized germies can infect other babies besides yours as you're passing through the NICU. I *know* it's tough. I had a day where I couldn't figure out whether I was having allergies or a cold... I ended up going because I was fairly confident that it was allergies, but I really shouldn't have :nope: Even though your LO would likely be protected because you'd have generated antibodies to whatever was ailing you, all those other babies who aren't ingesting your breastmilk would be at risk. Just something to think about sweetie.

xo

:( Aww, it's horrible isn't it. So counter intuitive. Don't worry, it's just one of the first decisions you will have made where you put your babba's needs ahead of yours, and you were a great mummy and daddy to stay at home while you were ill. :) Check with the nurses, and if one of you is allowed back before the other, take some photos of how he looks today to show the other at home. :)

The sooner he's fit and strong the sooner you will get him all to yourselves!

It's really hard but if you are even slightly feeling like you have a cold you must must must stay away. Passing on something to any of the babies in that unit could be extremely serious and you have to think about the babies first, and not just yours. I know how you feel, I didn't see Jonny for a whole week as I got the flu :(

Well OH and I feel much better! 24 hour bug? Anyway got to see little man yesterday and hes gotten moved to the next step nursery! Hes in the one for healthy stable babies that are going to be going home soon!! I'm so excited! :D. Thank u ladies for ur advice on this topic - I felt horrible but I definetely feel that was the best thing to do!

Well OH and I feel much better! 24 hour bug? Anyway got to see little man yesterday and hes gotten moved to the next step nursery! Hes in the one for healthy stable babies that are going to be going home soon!! I'm so excited! :D. Thank u ladies for ur advice on this topic - I felt horrible but I definetely feel that was the best thing to do!

So exciting! Well done little one! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->