Didn't know I was pregnant until today....is baby at risk?

SteadFast

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
In March of this year I had a miscarriage. My last cycle began on 5/8 and I ovulated on 5/25.
I just found out today that I am pregnant! I am beyond ecstatic as we have been trying for 19 months now. However, because I didn't know I was pregnant last week I did a few things and I am REALLY worried now.
Last Friday, 6/6, I experienced spotting which I thought was the start of my period. I used a tampon on Saturday, 6/7 and one today, 6/9.
I have also been seeing a chiropractor for back pain. The pain was worse than usual these past few days so I took 1500 mg of Ibuprofen twice on Friday and twice today.
I am terrified now that I could have hurt the baby or am going to cause a miscarriage.
Has anyone else had any experience with something similar? Please be honest, should I be concerned?

I don't think a tampon could hurt the LO. Def switch to acetaminophen instead of ibuprofen though. Congrats! :hugs:

You're just fine.

I didn't find out with DS until almost 9 weeks. I, too, had recently miscarried and believed there was no way I could be pregnant again....turns out I was.

I did A LOT of things (drinking, smoking, taking medications) I shouldn't have in those 9 weeks. But DS was just fine.

I am sure your babe will be just fine.

No worries. I took some ibuprofen before I knew I was preg too. Do you have a prescription for that high of a dose of ibuprofen? 1500mg twice a day, so 3000mg total?? The most I've taken at once is 800mg. And, as others have suggested, time to switch to acetaminophen aka Tylenol.

From what I understand you don't share a blood stream with baby until about 6 weeks so I think you should be a-okay :thumbup:

you should be just fine.
A tampon doesn't go past the cervix so can't get anywhere near baby.
I think if the chiropractor caused a problem you would have had spotting but I think the chances of that are very slim.
I think continued use of that much ibuprofen would cause a problem but a few doses shouldn't.
If you want more peace of mind just have a chat with your doctor.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I agree with the other ladies, you will be fine, lots of people don't find out their pregnant late on and have drank and smoked etc. try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy, as long as you make the changes now, you'll be fine :)

Nothing passes the placenta yet, the baby gets all the nutrients from the yolk sac so there's no worries that anything has passed on to your baby.
It's pretty normal to have only found out that you are pregnant about now too.
Xx

I took ibuprofen for for 6w in previous pregnancy along with paracetamol and antibitoics i had flu and multi infections everything was fine.
I didnt find out till 19w with my first she was fine.

Thank you ladies! The reassurance from each of you has truly helped me not to stress so much! I am really trying this time to just trust God and not allow myself to worry!
Thanks again!

I just wanted to say i took ibuprofen without thinking even though i knew i was possibly pregnant. I did all kinds of research and i read it can cause problems with egg quality if taken long term, or can cause an egg not to implant properly if taken around implantation (howeverthis is controversial and studies also showed it helped relax the uterus for better implantation in some cases).

It doesn't sound like either scenario applies to you so relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->