Diet & Fitness

PeachSalsa

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is doing for diet and fitness in the 2nd tri.

I didnt do much until about 2 weeks ago and ate whatever I could stomach (not the healthiest to say the least) because I had nausea and extreme exhaustion. But since getting some energy and normal appetite back recently, Ive been trying to eat healthy and exercise. I work full time and have a 5yo so it can be tough but I have been doing the following so far:

~3x/week: 20-30 min jog or bike ride
~3x/week: 20-30 min floor exercise that includes 2 sets of 15 for lunges and squats with light weights, 2 sets of 30-sec side planks, 2 sets of 15 kneeling push ups, 2 sets of 20 side kicks, sometimes yoga poses good for pregnancy.

In terms of diet, I continue to take my multivitamin and started taking cod liver oil and a probiotic (couldnt stomahc this before) most days. I try to juice but only managed o do this twice in the last 2 weeks hoping it'll help with constipation. I try to stay away from cakes/processed food and eat as much home cooked as I'm able to. This is what I had yesterday:

~Breakfast: fruit bowl (strawberries, melon, blueberries) and oatmeal with cinnamon, walnuts and cranberries
~Lunch: garden vegetable soup, plantains, tilapia fish, olives, red pepper slices
~Snack: coconut/nut/fruit pastry
~Dinner: cauliflower soup with millet, some pork and egg yolk
~Snack: banana, cup of plain kefir

It's very hard for me to stay away from sweets/cake/bread so I have some every day but try to limit the quantity.

As far as diet, since I'm still pretty sick, I eat literally whatever will go in any given day. Mostly, that is just some greek yogurt with granola, or some fruit. I'd love to gain weight actually and enjoy getting fat, but I've only managed to gain 4 pounds and my size 2 jeans still fit me (I can't button them but I wear a band).

I do try to go on walks, but mostly those just make me sicker and I feel awful afterwards. I resolved to get one of those balls and I try to stretch at home. Regardless, while normally I'd beat myself up for not exercising, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for just making it through the day. I try to eat breakfast outside and inhale some fresh air. Just little things that maybe help keep me mentally healthy, instead of physically. I was extremely fit my first pregnancy - I walked about 2 miles a day, swam, and did yoga consistently. And Labor was still extremely hard for me. So we will see how this one goes! lol

Sugary carby foods make me extremely sick (with both of my pregnancies). But being a twin pregnancy this time it's been more pronounced. So at 5-7 weeks I had to stop having cereal, oatmeal or toast for breakfast. I can't stomach fruit without having some protein first. I shared a peach with my 11 month old 2 weeks ago and was hugging the toilet. So sausage, egg, savoury pie with more meat than pastery or potato, higher protein than carb greek yoghurt, and an hour later a fruit for a snack.

Usually salad with chicken, tuna, or salmon for lunch.

Chicken, quinoa, and veggies for dinner or something equivalent. Snacks are usually nuts, veggies, or a fruit if my meal with protein wasn't too far back. I'd probably hurl if I had ice cream, cake or chocolate :sick:

It's good & bad, I never gain much with my pregnancies (24 lbs with DD and ~11 lbs to date now). But I have wicked head hunger for my beloved foods that send me flying to the toilet ie coffee, ice cream, chocolate, or cookies/cake. I couldn't do a bowl of noodles, plate of pasta or the like of straight carby food either. There's equivalent sugars in those types of meals as a chocolate bar.

I was told no more gym in first tri when I had sch's. So my body feels still slim but mushy:haha: compared to my first pregnancy last year. I'm not worried though, I walk lots and will start back at strength training again once I pop these twins out!

During 6 month pregnancy mums may fell spasms in shin muscles. I advise to do some light exercises: slowly bend the knee and toes and lift your leg up towards the nose, than repeat it again. Cool tile bathroom floor and massage could also be useful. I read about it in this article on MotheHow: https://motherhow.com/6-months-pregnant/

2have4kids, I wish my body was rejecting carbs and sugary things! I try to sty away from it but its so tough. I have to have at least once a day - yesterday I was at a dinner party and ate 3 pieces of cake :( just because it was right there on the table staring me in the face and I couldn't say no. Oddly enough, I felt very bloated that evening and also moody - I flipped out on my husband for sitting on the couch...

I flipped out on my husband for sitting on the couch...
:haha: OK well I'm not sure that sugar prevents husband craziness because I flip out at my DH's behaviour now and then too. But I think if I were a phd chemist I'd create a pill like they have for alcohol that works with carbs & sugar and makes you really really sick when you eat sugar & carby foods. I bet you the obese population would take a nose dive into healthy bmi if there was something that reproduced this effect that I'm experiencing. At least you're able to work out and burn it off, and when you're strength training you're burning calories when you're sitting there eating the cake. It's also important for an easy delivery, the more muscle you have and fit your body is the easier the delivery and quicker the recovery. I was ready to go again after a week last time but I was in the gym till third trimester...it makes a HUGE difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->