Diet Ideas?!

Smileyx

Mommy to Alex
Reaction score
Heya girls :) My baby is 3 months and 4 days old.. Im 1 stone heavier now than I was before i got pregnant. I was dieting up until last week on and off eating healthier going to an excercise class etc but I get sooo fed up and my massive problem is I LOVE FOOD!!.. Is there any diets or tips that anyone has to help me out here i want a nice belly for the summer:wacko:

dieting is always harder when you love food,lol. firstly you could try and just decrease the amount of food you put on your plate, that immediately decreases calories from your daily diet (aslong as you dont go back for seconds), and try and avoid snacking on junk food and opt for a cup a soup/ handfull of nuts/ 1 or 2 crackers/rice cakes/ snack a jacks. also add in some form of exercise, try and go for a walk on a morning before you eat as this speeds metaboliam up so you burn more cals throughout the day.

hope this helps

First off i dont believe in dieting, i just believe in eating healthy and cutting down on junk food/portions... i think the key is the motivation and finding what your weaknesses are.

I also love food (too much of it) i can never stick to eating healthy for more than a week :cry: but yesterday i cleared out DH's junk food to stop me from reaching for the wrong foods... today i cut down on my portions and snacked on fruit.

Tomorrow im going to order the 30 day shred DVD and get myself back on the wagon as my youngest is sleeping through the night abit longer as i find i cant concentrate running on 4 hours of sleep if im lucky lol.

If you need a diet buddy, feel free to PM me :flower:

P.S im hoping to least lose a stone before my DD1's birthday in a few months time

I have never had trouble maintaining weight... until having 3 babies :dohh: Now I find it a bit harder, but the best way for me to lose weight is to eat whatever I want! (Only, less of it) I don't deprive myself of anything I want, but I have a small portion of it. It seems to work for me. Today for instance, I fully intend to have jelly beans!

I've just watched my DH restrict calories dramatically in hopes of dropping weight fast, and it never works long-term. Within a month he's down 10-15 pounds, but he puts it right back on once he realizes he can't maintain that low of calories. I'll take 1-2 pounds a week, as long as it keeps coming off and stays off!

Yeah i dont think cutting out junk completely is the right option for me cause i end up binging and putting it back on, i could eat what i liked before i was preggers and not gain any weight i just need to get rid of this flab on my belly! I done the whole cuttng down and eating crackers and snack a jacks a few wks ago and it wasnt so bad cuz my boyfriend was doing it with me but so hard when ur OH eats junk too!!

thanks for your help girls will let you know how i get on and may take u up on that offer of a diet buddy ;)

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories and eat whatever I want as long as it's within my calories. I started off at 11stone9lbs and on 1200cals a day. After 8 weeks I was down to 10stone6lbs and I increased my daily calories to 1310 a day. Once I drop to below 10stone I will increase my calories again. My plan is to get down to a weight that is easy to maintain and not starve myself in the process! If I want an extra treat, or if I am going out for a meal, then I do extra exercise so that I have all them yummy exercise calories to eat back. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->