Dieting Newbie

loopylou86

Reaction score
I am needing some support.

My LO is nearly 10 months and I have only lost about 5 lbs since I had him. I am really bad at dieting as I get cravings and quite often feel weak like my blood sugar levels have dropped. I dont get full up easily either and struggle to find time to exercise.

But now my weight has got to me and its getting me down. I am 5'2 and weight 10 stone 13 lbs :cry: I would love to lose at least a stone and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I signed up to Rosemary Conley and find that her meals are just too small. At this rate I am never going to shift the weight :cry:

Advice / support welcome!

Part of the problem with post pregnancy is that our ideas of portion sizes changed for some of us. The truth is that we simply eat too much and when you eat too much, you can't lose weight. There's really no way around it. Work on finding ways around mindless hunger - whether it's distraction, water, no-calorie drinks, etc. It took me quite some time to get a hang of it but part of it is a brain/body adjustment.

try slimming world hun, it really is fab :) can eat loads and loads!!!

today i ate:

breakfast - ham and cheese toastie with ketchup.

snacks - 2 mini babybell light

lunch - pasta with ham and onion and nat yoghurt

snack - banana and nat yog with honey

dinner - half a mini medditeranean quiche and a whole tin of tuna, boiled egg, coleslaw and ham salad (lettuce, cucumber,spring onion) with a nat yog and pepper and lemon dressing.

snack - bananna and mini babybell.

have also drank 2 cups of tea, a can of sprite zero and 2 glasses of apple and blackcurrant squash.

seriously stuffed!!

xx

For me id suggest eating more often throughout the day, this helps my hunger alot, im not hunger very often, i drink 4-5litres of water a day.

Well yesterday I had:

Breakfast: special k and lots of raspberries
Lunch: chicken sandwich using weight watchers bread with salad
Snack: mango, strawberries and greek yogurt 0% fat
Dinner: chicken stir fry with lots of corn, carrot and mushrooms

Today I have had:

Breakfast: special k
Lunch: prawn sushi

I plan to have the same sadnwich as yesterday at about 3pm as I know sushi wont fill me up and I also have melon and greek yogurt 0% fat

I also did 40mins brisk walking to get my son and get home and have done 25mins today to station and work

:thumbup:

If you eat a lot of fruits and veggies and lean protein, you'll be able to eat a ton for not many calories. Stay away from processed foods, even the "diet" ones and just eat whole foods. I eat six times a day, small meals, and it really works for me.

I don't really have much advice as I'm just starting out on this dieting malarky myself but wanted to wish you luck with it xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->